😠 The Little Annoyances Of Everyday Life

You could have watched the cricket instead. And the golf’s on now.

7 Likes

:money_mouth:

Having to avoid the main bus I get at weekends plus a local cafe/sight seeing place due to my job. Need to work away from where I live now.

As in bumping into people on your caseload?

Yep. Mainly the parents. Which means they could work out where I live. Mostly they do not allocate any families who live near me. But when it comes to their job I don’t know until I’ve met them. Anyway going to ask once again that these two cases are gone from my caseload.

Not seeing the puddle of coffee on the tube and putting your rucksack right in it.

You do know this is a forum associated (admittedly, rather loosely) with football, don’t you?

1 Like

Tigger only comes here for the brexit thread.

And for the sexual tension between Tokes and pap. It’s like Ross and Rachel all over again.

6 Likes

This isn’t a music forum?

4 Likes

Of course it is. It’s the only thing in life you can’t argue about.

…or can you?? :lou_lol:

1 Like

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.

Going for a job. Which is involving several parts. One of them is a CV. In the 20 odd years of working for local government I’ve not been asked for one. The last one I did was 2012 for some job I do not remember. Do many places still use them? Plus they also want an application. Where they’ve provided very little in the job spec. :confused:

Working offshore everybody has a CV that is religiously updated with any new information that assists you get a better job somewhere in the world.

My company has an in house CV template that all us mere mortal employees have to fill in every year. this is so they always have the latest info on what courses we have attended as when or if they transfer anybody betweeen rigs or FPSO’s the actual owners of the units or the oil field still get a say in whether they want you on the vessel.

There are a lot of professional CV writers out there @intiniki But Short neat and concise is the way to go with them any thing over 3 pages normally gets ignored.

I’ve got two sides with a ‘personal statement’ ‘work history’ (relevant to the post I am going for), education and training. As they also want an application form where I will have to put way more detail thats all they’re getting. I really need to find a job I like and just stay there until retirement in about 25 years. :cry:

3 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

In my industry everyone just dumps their work details and experience on LinkedIn.

Recruitment agencies use it as a tool to find candidates. More companies are doing the same to circumvent agencies and their exorbitant fees charged for basically doing sod all.

Filled my last two team roles by finding people that way. Saved a shed load of commission to the agencies.

Our baby squab died after falling off the balcony, landing on a cat and ending up in it’s jaws. I saved it but it must have had some nasty injuries/shock. Thankfully hadn’t crawled too far into the cladding (probably flammable) and I could retrieve it. Bit sad about it. Also it’s parents keep coming to and calling for him/her. Lasted a month. Now to clean up all the bird shit. The netting is up to avoid any future use of our balcony by pigeons.

What’s a squab?

baby pigeon.