šŸ˜  The Little Annoyances Of Everyday Life

Russian Mil transport Helicopters.

Fuck they are noisy doing training exercises over the house at 11:20pm

Having to unpack your emergency pre positioned stack of clothes to find #layers because 12C is fucking freezing

Youā€™d fine me in my leopard print mankini in that heat :lou_lol: Well, maybe you wouldnā€™t want to find meā€¦

1 Like

Amazon winning one of the TV packages for the footie

So that is another subscription you will need if you want to watch every game

But then this was always about being great for the consumer :lou_eyes_to_sky:

This is my biggest bug bear about the MMC (or whatever theyā€™re called these days) it generally always results in the consumer paying more.

Amazon will show 20 Premier League matches a season for three years from 2019, after winning one of the final two broadcast packages.

The online streaming service has won the rights to show every game from the first round of midweek games in December and all 10 games on Boxing Day as part of the three-year deal.

The matches will be available free to Amazon Primeā€™s UK members.

Oh well, I have Amazon Prime so thatā€™s OK but I bet they soon start charging.

2 Likes

Meh, theyā€™ll never show us

2 Likes

Tedious bloody bureaucracy. Because people donā€™t want to get on and do some work and provide people with support in a timely fashion. So I have more work to do. Iā€™ve had enough.

2 Likes

Sympathetic upvote

Getting home. Going outside for a coffee & smoke and the weather app tells me it is 40C Feels like 47C

At 11am

Ffs

Southern trains

Not because my train to Hove (actually) for lunch meeting was delayed, nor the free wifi that wonā€™t play embedded clips on websites (like Sotonians),

No, itā€™s the fierce air con - set to about -10 degrees. Gonna have frostbite by the time I arrive.

And get to do it all again on the way home.

:lou_angry:

9 day break to Europeā€¦

Obviously loved it, yet we simply had so much to fit in and so much driving. I joked but it is probably true we only had 14.6 minutes spare all the time we were away.

Then back to here and feels like 49C soup. To discover Eid holiday will be Friday & Saturday so we donā€™t get a day off in lieuā€¦

I mentioned Ramadan is a quiet timeā€¦ our taxi driver yesterday had come on Duty at 4pm.

We were his 1st customers at 20:35.

12 hours unconscious last night a ton of washing and work to catch up and a diet bike to get back into!

Had a day from hell. It a a small miracle I didnā€™t hand in my notice and walk. I probably shouldnā€™t have been in with a migraine.

I did have 2 bits of good outcomes for 2 families. But trying to do 3 things at once isnā€™t easy.

The referrals and complexity have increased again. What is going on?

I am meant to be in Southampton by now to see parents but looks like Iā€™ll be there at 10pm if that.

Argghhgg.

Thanks for reading.

8 Likes

We can only do our best, @intiniki , and you canā€™t take the blame for the system.

Spend time with Mum and Dad and smile and laugh and know you did your bit.

x

9 Likes

I am off to see them and their 3 dogs who will cheer me up no end.

4 Likes

Discovering I only gained 100g while away.

So much more beer & pies & fish n chips I could have drunlk & eatenā€¦

Whilst travelling in South America I lost a heap of weight. Which was odd as my diet in Peru was essentially chips and a bit of avocado.

Not sure admitting to being an Avocado muncher on social media is wise these days :lou_eyes_to_sky:

Wll make up for it today been invited to a 5 hour Indian Food Brunch :lou_facepalm_2:

May need to visit the shithouse thread in the morning :lou_sad:

Not wanting to be accused of being ageist in any way, but I think many of us have posted on this thread how ā€œstupid peopleā€ are annoying (or unaware people at least) - you know - that woman who decides to start putting cosmetics in a bag AT the XRay machine having been stood in a ueue for 20 minutesā€¦

Anyway, seems there may be some scientific proof (according to the Fail who, letā€™s be honest probably account for 50%+ of the dumbing down)

Young peopleā€™s IQ scores have started to deteriorate after climbing steadily since Wold War Two, a new study has found.

The fall, which equates to about seven points per generation, is believed to have begun with those born in 1975, according to the first authoritative study of the phenomenon.

The drop in scores marks the end of a trend ā€“ known as the Flynn effect ā€“ which has seen average IQs rise for the past 60 to 70 years by roughly three points a decade.

football and rugby on the same day. Come on guys. Give me a break!

:scream:

1 Like