😠 The Little Annoyances Of Everyday Life

That’s bad my friend, I have to drive to Doncaster tomorrow and stay in Premier Inn on a Saturday night.

y

4 Likes

Upvoted @saintbristol only as there was no commiseration vote button.

stay strong.

I have just booked a Travelodge for next Saturday should I be worried?

:lou_eyes_to_sky:

Haskins.

Yep me too… @saintbristol got the legendary LITSL consolation up-vote.

Didn’t realise you were into Macrame hanging baskets. Oh @goatboy when did it happen? :lou_facepalm_2:

Friend in the US is writing a magazine article for a US based magazine. English isn’t his first language (he’s Mexican) so I offer to knock the article into shape for print. He writes the article in flawed English but I quickly edit into “Queen’s English” and he sends it off as his own to the owner of the magazine.

Next day I’m copied in on the reply email from the magazine owner. He includes his edited version of my “Queen’s English” copy. The article has now been mangled into “Ingrish”…the US owner is of Japanese origin and only has English as a second language.

It’s like refereeing a football game where both goalkeepers are throwing the ball into their own nets. :lou_facepalm_2:

I hope this doesn’t go on for ever. :lou_eyes_to_sky:

2 Likes

She’s castrated my shed.

Looks good. Remember it’s what is inside that counts.

And under it.

4 Likes

Going on holiday with friends and discovering that their diet really does only consist of pizza and steak Frites.

then getting a bollocking from the Ayatollah (her friends) when I try to take them off piste I.e. to a fish restaurant (we are in the land of moules ffs)

Suffice to day I will not be making this mistake again (going on holiday with this lot)

Anyway Trappist 10 % beer usually takes the edge off everything. make mine a pint

4 Likes

Seemingly getting bitten by a mosquito in London yesterday. I react quite badly to mossie bites and this seems to be having the same reaction as I cannot think what else it could be. I accept I’ll get bitten when abroad but at least I will be somewhere tropical. Not in London.

10% beer! I’m in awe.

I’m in my cups

I’m not surprised. I would be unconscious.

Weather Apps…

It is hot & sunny in UK. It is very hot & sunny in Poland for our trip tonight.

But every day this week they change their mind about which days you both have Thunderstorms.

Now I have a neoprene esque waterproof already in Poland but it is hot to wear. When the storms were forecast for evenings it was don’ need to pack a lightweight waterproof. Next day the storms are daytime.

Ffs being low cost airlines wtf do I pack? 12C at night is a 30C+ temp change for us!

#firstworldproblems

Oh and of course the BIZ meeting next Monday isn’t confirmed because you were on holiday yesterday so do I really need to pack a laptop to do PowerPoint for 1 hour in 9 days

Argh

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/about/17185651

Here you go @dubai_phil

1 Like

After a season of misery, looking forward to going to SMS and being (almost) guarenteed a great performance, only to see that the weather forecast is doing its best to make sure the overall experience is just as shite.

Oh shit yes that IS bad - and ffs the weather on the Beeb for Monday Tuesday next week is TOATLLY different from the 24C Sunny on my Google App.

#repack

#sodit The Poundland Rain Ponchos are going instead.

The weather is about the only thing I trust on the BBC these days.