📰 The latest news!

This keeps happening. They keep appealing. They continue to run while the case is being appealed.

It’s just a shame their app doesn’t offer “just down the road, where I’ve just kicked that can” as a destination.

I think Uber is great on the “benefit to user” front. I used the service extensively in North Carolina the last time I was there. It wasn’t literally a life-saver, but I did get to drink more as a result and not have to carry a lot of cash about.

What I don’t like is Uber’s business model, mostly because it is completely gratuitous. This is a fantastic fusion of technology that is going to make money regardless. While they’ll have local competitors everywhere, the fact that they’re virtually global makes them a go-to choice.

I get fucked off at Apple for similar reasons. With their margins, they could fabricate all their kit in the US and make a healthy (17%) profit. They like their present margins.

As a “taxi driver” I should hate them. In Dubai they were so much better at finding your address than the local firms.
Here they are 40% of the cost when i need a late night trip home.
They are however bottom feeders, they made me step up my game.
I see their mistakes and they have been arrogant they need to understand professionalism

I use both Uber (Grab in Singapore) and normal cabs

I wouldn’t touch Uber in London because half of them don’t know where they are going and blindly follow their app up Oxford Street whereas a black cab might be more expensive but is more likely to get you there in a timely fashion

Grab in Singapore is simply brilliant - same concept as Uber but ruled with an iron fist by the Sg govt

I tend to use…

2 Likes

The latest news is that Neil Shipperly is a flasher

He told police he “had a problem”.

No shit.

Sounds like Prestadigwit’s Congener to me.

Austin Tussletine reports reports reports.

1 Like

Wtf

It was the hours.

The backbreaking hours.

EDIT: One of the benefits of being open to competing views is that you can always get the dirt from Master Staines.

And there was me thinking that a foehn was what Inspector Clouseau spoke on in his office.

1 Like

Not entirely sure how I would discriminate against a vegan - who gives a shit what they choose to eat or wear

I think he brought the whole thing because he was sacked from a job with the League Against Cruel Sports…so he’s trying to claim he was discriminated against because he’s an “Ethical” Vegan…

The case was brought by vegan Jordi Casamitjana, who claims he was sacked by the League Against Cruel Sports because of his ethical veganism.

But his employer says he was dismissed for gross misconduct.

The judge ruled ethical veganism should fall under the Equality Act 2010 but is yet to rule on Mr Casamitjana’s dismissal.

Mr Casamitjana says he was sacked by the League Against Cruel Sports after disclosing it invested pension funds in firms involved in animal testing.

He claims when he drew his bosses’ attention to the pension fund investments, they did nothing so he informed colleagues and was sacked as a result.

So he breached confidence, not because of any wrong doing on the part of the employer but because of his own beliefs.

That doesn’t sound like discrimination to me

I don’t think you’re alone in that thinking…

Could be interesting if telling colleagues is a breach of confidence. I am not saying that can’t happen, but it would be very specific to the situation and his contract terms.

Vegan here. :wave:t3:

I would think that the League Against Cruel Sports probably should think about it’s pension pot and not invest in firms that test on animals. Seems like a sensible and ethical thing to do given their stance.

Aren’t people allowed to know where their pension funds are? I know many aren’t ethical (probably mine too but I’d like it to be).

I’m not really sure about this coming under the Equality Act and how that would work. But if my wonky eyes don’t get me under it then maybe my Veganism will.

If it’s a Employment Tribunal I think we may be able to view it on line and may give more detail than some headline.

Anyway I’m off to plan my strop at work that I cannot possibly sit next to someone eating boiled eggs each day due to my ethical veganism. Finally I can get all of the women on fad diets out of the office. (Yeah I know the irony eh?).

3 Likes

I would say it depends upon his position - imagine a payroll clerk getting free and easy with who’s paid what

2 Likes

Burn it.

1 Like