📰 The latest news!

You haven’t read it have you Barry?

2 Likes

Of course I haven’t read the official draft bill and neither have you, does this mean I can’t have an opinion from what sources there are, simply claiming everything is fake news as you don’t agree with it is so so Trump and Putinesque.
You think this is a good thing, you want it here?

So you were bullshitting when you said you had read it:

me: “I haven’t read the proposed law. You?”

you: “Yes, it internalises Russia’s internet closing them off from the world when the government decide it, North Korea style, progressive isn’t it?”

You seem pretty sure what’s in it here Barry.

1 Like

Fake news, I read the story about the proposed bill, same thing in todays climate son.
Talking of fake news why isn’t this in Russia Today?

They’ve managed to get Conor McGregor on the their site el pronto but none of this I can see?
And you use this as a reference?

The posts are all logged above Barry. you are full of shite son.

2 Likes

You’re quoting me like you do RT so maybe you’re right.
Be grateful son, you’re typing what you want.

In purely technical terms, that reason doesn’t stack up as far as I can see. Internet traffic will take the shortest and easiest route from one point to another; routing tables are built dynamically according to the number of hops between points. (This is an over-simplification, of course, but the fundamental principle is pretty much that. Also, traffic doesn’t route through servers; it routes through routers. Web sites are hosted on servers, traffic is directed by routers, but that’s a common enough confusion I guess).

Anyway, for traffic to route between data centres within Russia, the quickest and shortest route will almost certainly be purely within Russia - I can’t see why it would need to route anywhere else. So if you’re in Russia, browsing to a Russian-hosted web site, any internet traffic will be within Russia. I can’t see how Russia has any reliance on servers (or indeed routers) in the US or anywhere else in order for its internet services to function.

2 Likes

Say for arguments sake, what would happen in Western Russia and disputed territory’s?
If I was in Georgia could this be used to stop or delay information to assist a Russian advance without knowledge of Western forces knowing? Could friends in Russia be silenced of giving warning of a movement of troops via the internet?

Tin foil been delivered then bazza?

Given how closely monitored any Russian military manoeuvres are (without any need for the internet) I can’t see that it would make the slightest bit of difference. But this has nothing to do with the proposed law anyway.

Other than that, I don’t know exactly what’s in said law, so anything I might say would be pure speculation.

Well the cunts turned up uninvited in Ukraine and Georgia so you never know.

Bloody terrorists.

2 Likes

But they pulled out.

Which is an important point, making it a non-story, or the Grauniad making it out to be more than it actually is? they have form.

Dreadful and horrific news coming out of New Zealand this morning.

Yes mate. That is what rampant Islamophobia leads to. Probably well worth remembering.

2 Likes

Fuck off with your attempt at point scoring you fucking poison dwarf.

Why would that be point scoring, Barry?

It’s almost as if you’ve been engaged in rampant Islamophobia of your own. If you have, take a good hard look at where all extremism ends.