šŸ“° The latest news!

Some comment on the above. Thatā€™s bang to rights shit there. Obama expelled 35 diplomats on the basis of no evidence. Thatā€™s fair conclusive evidence of a foreign power conspiring with UK residents to attempt to infiltrate political parties.

I can only see this getting more damning as the reports continue. Three more to come.

It certainly adds a great deal of credence to the view that the antisemitism ā€œscandalā€ in the Labour Party was something of a witchhunt.

1 Like

Part Two.

I think Jackie Walker is owed many big apologies.

1 Like

If thereā€™s one thing we can learn from Jackie walker itā€™s that for a football team to be successful over a long period of time, it needs a sustainable model of growth.

Couldnā€™t find the thread but very good news at last.

Israeli ambassador Mark Regev :-

The fashion is, if you are on the left today, you are probably very hostile to Israel, if not anti-Semitic

Iā€™ve met leftists across the spectrum. Iā€™m yet to meet anyone I would describe as anti-Semitic. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ve met people that Regev would describe as being anti-Semitic. My understanding of antisemitism is that this vile trait means ā€œhating Jews for being Jewsā€. Regev has a broader definition which includes ā€œcriticism of the Israeli government of the political ideology of Zionismā€.

This is 3 minutes 12 seconds in at the moment. I stopped to comment through pure astonishment.

Will comment more after Iā€™ve seen it.

Originally posted by @pap

Israeli ambassador Mark Regev :-

The fashion is, if you are on the left today, you are probably very hostile to Israel, if not anti-Semitic

Iā€™ve met leftists across the spectrum. Iā€™m yet to meet anyone I would describe as anti-Semitic. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ve met people that Regev would describe as being anti-Semitic. My understanding of antisemitism is that this vile trait means ā€œhating Jews for being Jewsā€. Regev has a broader definition which includes ā€œcriticism of the Israeli government of the political ideology of Zionismā€.

This is 3 minutes 12 seconds in at the moment. I stopped to comment through pure astonishment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3dn-VV3czc

Will comment more after Iā€™ve seen it.

Yep. That made me quite angry. How did that thick cunt Joan Ryan get to be an MP?

This is my mate Del, the chap who was killed in Afghanistan three years ago. Quite a few of us went to school with him.

He makes a bit of a howler over Ms Bergerā€™s position; she was LFI director, not LFPME.

Wouldnā€™t normally share Facebook messages, but this is a special case. I think that Del would appreciate having his views heard at this time. RIP, sir. One of a kind.

Iā€™ve now watched episode three. First off, it should be considered a national disgrace that Al Jazeera, and not our keeper of record, the British Broadcasting Corporation, has broke this story. There was a time, early 90s mainly, when the BBC was bold on the topic. No longer.

Furthermore, I reckon Al Jazeera deserve considerable kudos for adopting the investigative journalism approach. I have complained about entrapment before. Thatā€™s really not what is happening here. Itā€™s a peek into a network of organisations that is only too willing to lay its cards on the table. It tells us some interesting things about the state of Israel, as it stands in relation to public sympathy.

The two state solution is bollocks, and everybody knows it is. The settlements are far too encroached in the West Bank, and those that inhabit probably have no compunction about living there and no intention of vacating so that a separate Palestinian territory could be established there. Itā€™s not territory if you donā€™t have territorial integrity, if foreign troops are on your soil, and on the high ground (as many of these settlements are; they are both fortress and psychological tool). It will never work.

My favoured view is what was proposed, but ignored, by the Drake-King Commission in 1919, with a mandated modification. They polled those living in the former territories of the Ottoman Empire. Within the borders of what were then Palestine, Lebanon, Jordan and Syria, 96% of those polled wanted a United Syria with US protecting the mandate in its fledgling years.

These days, youā€™d want the US to be completely removed from the process. It has prolonged the present conflict with its nigh on unswerving support for Israel in its capacity as a Permanent Member of the United Nations Security Council. International law simply hasnā€™t been applied.
I still think the principal is sound, even, and perhaps especially with the remigration of Jewish peeps to the area. It just needs truth and reconciliation. We could have a unity democracy covering a wide area of the Middle East, a multifaith and stable bloc, and it really isnā€™t impossible. It was that way for centuries.For those that think present enmity cannot be overcome, Iā€™ll tell you a story I heard from my Northern Irish landlady. I arrived 9 years after the GFA was finalised, and her observation on the easing tensions was that people were happy to be prosperous again. I suspect that might have been a euphemism, masking the fact that there was a whole load of other shit that they no longer had to worry about.

I reckon that might be more possible in the Middle East than we realise. Would be a lot easier to realise without a great deal of our involvement and the sort of twattery Joan Ryan and team were engaged in here.

Jew Hater!!!

Pap :laughing: Youā€™re such a great guy, and I agree with you on most issues. I guess iā€™m a realist.

Corbyn is 15 points behind the Tories today, he has no support within his own party. Thatā€™s all iā€™m saying mate. Iā€™m not a troll or a Blairite. Labour will lose Stoke to Ukip.

Though you may be surprised to hear I agree with you regarding Tristram Hunt, the blokeā€™s a narcissist and his resignation was designed for impact.

Bristol; I vote up a lot of your posts, but must pull you on this.

No offence, but Goatboyā€™s tongue-in-cheek post tells us about the difficulty of posting on this subject. As one of the people that run the site, I have a special responsibility and believe that I have to weigh my words carefully.

On this instance, itā€™s really not required, but Iā€™d like to ask just how you decided with that post to my one.

Except for this bollocks. What do have against the BBC? Jeez mate, I know I used to work there so iā€™ll stick up for the integrity and colleagues I worked with and still are friends

Alright, SaintBristol, if the BBC are so spectacular, how comes they didnā€™t report this happening on their own doorstep?

The BBC has been defanged, over and over. I do not need to impugn you or your friends to make that point, and you know it.

ā€œDrake-King Commission in 1919ā€ ā€¦ Thereā€™s no such thing :lou_facepalm_2:

Thereā€™s a King-Crane Report in 1919, sorry mate.

And there is confirmation bias, selective reading of information that ignores anything that doesnā€™t fit with an agreed narrative.

Iā€™m not being offensive :laughing:

Originally posted by @SaintBristol

Iā€™m not being offensive :laughing:

No. Youā€™re being defensive. Is it possible that you donā€™t know your company?

3 Likes

I havenā€™t worked at the BBC or 15 years

Great. What do you think about their coverage of Syria e.g.