⚽ The January transfer window thread

I’m bang on the money about our shite atmosphere.
Moneyball coming back? It never went, we just bought shit and no fucker would buy them, any good players we get we’ll always flog.
How did Gao buy the club?

Quite enjoyed the moneyball experiment yesterday

5 Likes

Atmosphere sounded good on TV as well. Players and manager mentioned it.
What was the feeling in the ground?

It’s usually good if we are winning.

It’s definitely improving

2 Likes
2 Likes

This would be as good if not better than signing a new centre back.

4 Likes

Joining Boufal at Celta Vigo?
Do they have any young, fast, wingers?

What have Celta done to upset Saints, first Boufal then Hoedt?

3 Likes

Was wondering how boofs was getting on, just looked up his stats for celta vigo: 18 games, 2 goals and 1 assist, decidedly average.

Good Hoedt is proper shit, Elyounoussi next please another pile of shit.

I can’t see Leeds selling him, if they go up they’ll be a huge draw and they can offer him an easy release if they don’t go up.

1 Like

That makes sense. Also 5 million seems very cheap if he is the shit hot prospect everybody seems to think he is. Leeds are looking good for promotion at the moment, can’t see them letting him go in January for such a paltry fee.

1 Like

I read yesterday (one of the red tops that Mrs BTripz likes so much) that we had offered £10m and Leeds wanted £12m.

Agent talk then.

We have the 19th highest wage bill in Europe apparently…

Yes and what exactly do we get for that? We’ve had terrible transfers of late.

I see people on here talk about Moneyball.

Is that what Moneyball means - when only 18 teams in the world spend more than you?

If true, it looks more like money spent on the wrong players (cock-up) instead of owners doing things on the cheap and trousering the wedge (conspiracy) to me.

Its worse than that, we’ve bought shite players on the cheap who are on high wages so we’re even more screwed.
In effect we’ve bought high and we’re sell low, the shittest form of moneyball.

IF we’re paying high wages then it isn’t on the cheap.

Agree that it’s the worst kind of Moneyball. i.e. matching the spending of those around us instead of using analytics to mean we don’t have to match the spending of those around us.

i.e. it’s not Moneyball - just poor management appointments coupled with panic buys to support them making a bloated squad on decent money.

2 Likes