⚽ The January transfer window thread

https://twitter.com/reluctantnicko/status/1084382186789396480?s=19

60 a week to ruin your season - Someone has been smoking the weed at SMS

You’re being a bit harsh. All those 60p’s will add up and by the end of the season, we’d have saved about a minutes worth of wages(probably less, but i can’t be bothered to think about it).
Ok, the weeds good at SMS :no_smoking:

1 Like

I note Ademola Lookman played the 90 for Everton today. So I doubt we’ve much chance of getting him (assuming Ralph wants him).

Other than the young centre back from Brentford there aren’t many names being mentioned at the moment.

I’ve just seen a few links for Yussuf Poulsen who plays for RB Leipzberg. Striker/winger who played at the World Cup for Denmark. Any more info over there about this one?

No not heard that one.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12691/11606782/southampton-watching-brentfords-chris-mepham-and-ollie-watkins

EVERTON READY TO LET TRIO GO

Everton are ready to let Oumar Niasse, Cenk Tosun and Morgan Schneiderlin go during the January transfer window, the Mail on Sunday reports, with around £60m expected to be recouped for the trio.

Crystal Palace, Fulham and Cardiff have reportedly shown interest in the two forwards - but not at their current asking price, with the Mail reporting Everton want at least £20m for Tosun alone.

Schneiderlin? Yes please :lou_surprised: :saints:

Straight swap for lemina?

Yep. Every day of the week and twice on Sundays

Not sure I would want to pay £20m for him though

No but throw in Lemons and everyone’s a winner!
And if we talk enough, we activate the “Sky Sports sources” bonus round :lou_wink_2:

1 Like

I think we might see the Lemina improve under hutch

I mean he has even got Shane Long scoring - I am thinking about taking a bottle of Evian to the next match and seeing if he can turn it into wine

8 Likes

That’s hilarious

Don’t personally believe Morgan will ever get back to where he was with us when he was giving 120% to get his dream move.
He is far more suited to West Ham imho.
Lemina is still young, he is still learning and he still can improve. It’s just the Saints Twitter way last week Targett was shit, Redmond was shit and Long was :poop:
We need a replacement for Elyounasi, Hoedt and I expect Gallagher. Not a journeyman midfielder winding down his career, no matter how good he was for us once upon a time. Ditto Lallana & Wanyama.

4 Likes

Lallana could definitely do a job for us.

That job = keeping Danny Ings company in the physio room.

4 Likes

I’d have Morgan Schneiderlin. I’d hope he’d arrive in the same manner as an incoming player from Chelsea.

e.g. Finally realised the grass is pretty green at St Marys.

Is Jack Clark of Leeds any good? Link on Twitter today

Bielsa’s high intensity, high pressing style at Leeds would probably help him fit in nicely under Ralph.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/jack-clarke-secret-leeds-united-15672806

Good points made. The only issue/major doubt I have re Lemina is his dodgy ankle. If he gets the slightest knock on it, he’s not an effective player from that point on in a game. Has skills aplenty but he plays worrying about his ankle

Have to say to defend Long that that cross for Austin against Arsenal was an absolute Worldy.