⚽ 🔄 The January 2021 Transfer Thread

Who?

1 Like

The lad that Phil calls ‘Weird Al’. I’ve heard before that he’s highly rated.

Slow news day.

Was on the bench for the last few games. Mind you, almost everyone still running was

There was a bit of a fuss when we signed him, wasn’t there?

Lingard the answer to a striker crisis, you couldn’t make it up…

West Ham could end their pursuit of a new striker in the transfer window if they can secure the loan signing of Manchester United’s England winger Jesse Lingard, 28. (The Athletic - subscription required)

Decision made on Sims. Contract up in the summer. Personally gutted but in Ralph we trust…

This, exactly. And it’s not just Ralph, successive managers obviously haven’t seen enough in him for a regular starting spot. Goes to show how differently we view players than the managers do, I’ve always thought he looked excellent whenever I saw him play.

4 Likes

Me too. Given our injury situation I thought he could come and provide some much needed cover. Oh well…

Yes there was. Big things are expected of him and he did look the part in his brief appearance against the shrews. It would seem that he has been bypassed in the pecking order so far. Hopefully they can talk him round because he looks like one if the better under 23s.

Premier League transfers: Is this the most difficult transfer window ever? -

Hmmm… There’s logic if Brandon Williams is coming in. But not really anything else. (Caveated by the fact that I personally am not convinced by Vokins yet at this level so the loan makes sense).

If Bertrand gets injured tomorrow then Stephens plays left back. But who then plays centre back? Also he didn’t cross the Galway line when he last played LB so hardly offers much going forward.

If Diallo plays left back who plays in centre midfield? Even when Romeu returns we are still short of centre mid options in this scenario because of Smallbone being crocked and lack of fit 10s to replace Armstrong if moved to 6/8.

Hopefully this means that Romeu and Vestergaard are close to returning but the same issues return if any of those players pick up other injuries.

Well that would be impressive. Gives a lot more options.
Can he play alongside Che as well?

SAINTS KEEN ON MAITLAND-NILES

Southampton are keen to land Arsenal ’s versatile England international Ainsley Maitland-Niles .

Preliminary talks are underway over a deal which would see the 23-year old spend the rest of the season on loan at St Mary’s.

However, Sky Sports News has learnt that Maitland-Niles prefers a move to West Brom, where he is more likely to get valuable game time, potentially in his preferred position in midfield.

Keen to remain in Gareth Southgate’s thinking ahead of the summer’s Euros, Arsenal’s academy graduate is desperate to play and believes six months in the Midlands will improve his chances of impressing the England manager.

Southgate remains a big admirer but has made it clear he must be playing regularly if he is to stand any chance of involvement in England’s summer.

Nice to see someone moving somewhere for game time over money but West Brom!!!

Just checked to see if he is Cup tied, which is far more important for our season.

He came on in injury time, at the end of extra time, against Newcastle, and probably never touched the ball.

Shame.

1 Like