🏌 The Home of Happy Golf Stories

Congratulations Mr McIlory, $15m in the bank for smacking a little ball around isn’t a bad year’s work.

1 Like

He hardly set the Majors on fire but did have a higher %age of top 10 finishes in the season than almost anyone ever on golf.
Fair play to him

A quite remarkable finish to the Solheim Cup at Gleneagles this afternoon.

Europe were all square in 2 matches & up in one other of the last 3 on course, yet with US on 13.5 points they needed to win all 3.

It came down to the last putt on the last green and they won those last 3 points to pip the US by 14.5 to 13.5.

Marvellous

4 Likes

Normally have gone into golf hibernation this time of year but went to a charity day for Prostate Cancer UK at Cams Hall today, good turn out despite the weather, enough for 5 4-balls so we played texas scramble and my group won with a score of -5! I even made some decent contributions with a couple of 100yd pitch shots that ended up within 3 feet. Plus we raised over 400 quid so all in all a good day, but I think it will take me a couple of days to dry out.

Side note, as we were in Fareham 5 of the lads were Portsmuff supporters, they were surprisingly restrained considering events of last night.

2 Likes

Had to send my apologies to the team at the season ending DPWTC today.
Cant afford to go.
For 10 years I had one of the best gigs on the planet, chatting with players Tour crew Snappers & VIPs.
Amazing memories, gutted but reality means the £1000 it would cost is almost 5 months wages here.

Lol

Ffs, I’ve only been gone 2 days & the #2 golf snapper in the world fvcks up!

In the absence of any cricket, watching the golf from Abu Dhabi.

And Lee Westwood is leading. #blastfromthepast

1st European Tour player to win titles in 4 different decades.
Hope for us oldies yet!

Yes but the rest of the field were wank.

Aye, wank player playing in a wank field on a wank tour…

Fleetwood, Fitzpatrick, Koepka, DeChambeau, Garcia.
Rolex Series events always have the 6 highest World Ranking points available outside of late night golf from the US.

I believe the young people say “Whoosh”.

I refer Sir to the Wolves match thread.

1 Like

One of the members of our original Tiger Team is back in the sandpit this week. She worked with me running Media in Paris & was responsible for the give us a wave Phil no not you Leftie chant at Gleneagles.
She bumped in to the lovely young lady who ran the volunteers last time out.

All I have to do now is stay fit and healthy, and learn Quite Please in Italian for 2022

:man_dancing::clinking_glasses::golf:

Language video @Polski_Filip

One of my epic karaoke moments.
But may pass that idea onto the team :rofl::rofl:

So miss the honour of watching this great guy at work.
Learned so much, plus he once made me look good - in 2009, me. European Tour Photo of the year - me!!

2 Likes

We all know the shot by Seve to win the Swiss Masters under a tree over a wall across a lake.
Here is Billy’s story of it
He does a great impression of him!

If your Sunday locked in isn’t depressing enough, I’ll be all over your TV screens in the latter stages of this tomorrow.
I’m invisible until Jamie wins it as I was watching Westwood get spanked but my Sam Torrance photo bomb on the 18th before Dubisson putts out is legendary.
:sunglasses:

I may even have taken that same photo of Jamie :wink: