🏌 The Home of Happy Golf Stories

So Mullet boy hits it 3 ft from the pin.
Sensational

Then goes in the trees on 18
And chips it
Into the water
Casey sort of green in 2
Lahiri with birdie putt on 17 3 shots back

Makes it. 2 behind

You know it’s not your day when…

The man in his pyjamas can’t get it on the green needing a birdie to force a play off.
Game over.
Yep.
2 ft short.
Cam Smith wins

A post was split to a new topic: :ryder_cup_2023: The Ryder Cup 2023 - Marco Simone, Italy

Just a reminder.
The Dell WGC Matchplay starts today.

Richard Bland vs Bryson DeChambeau tees off about 18:45.

Nope not on the Joke thread, just another sporting anomaly today!

No idea if they will be a featured group either

How to cancel your career in 160 characters

And of course

2 Likes

Nicked…

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Ouch.
And technically correct, but wrong

It won’t go away will it…

I honestly don’t know if it’s a good or bad thing

I love the Tour. Know many of them hell even been to an actual business meeting at Wentworth.
Superb team.

But.

The entry fields for so many tournaments outside Rolex events read like a list of nobodies.

Something needs to change, dont know anyone who watches many of the weekly events these days on TV.

The aim of the tour was to grow golf grow tournaments but they dont get the crowds like those held in UK do. So prize fund is down, so names dont go.

Lee & other 45+ names from the good old days have a year maybe 3 left. They dont need money but.

Kerry Packer was a tsunami in cricket, it hurt but change happened.

Personally think golf needs to go global. It needs to have the PGA Tour/Premier League, promotion & relegation.

It is there in reality, but jobs and sponsors are on the line.

It will happen Saudi just pushing it faster.
Maybe too fast.

(Just don’t fuck up my trip to Rome!)

Great day out at the British Masters. Some impressive golf as well as reassuring moments such as chipping out of a bunker across the green and into the water for an 8. Gives me hope. Beautiful course. Disgusting beer prices.

2 Likes

My “boss” from the Ryder Cup krew is working there this week.
Dead jealous, great course to watch golf I’m told.

Fantastic viewing and not too busy on Day 1.

1 Like

I stood in awe by the plaque behind the back tee on the 10th commemorating Seve driving the hole. Only saw two try it today. One in the water and the other hit me (no damage but got the ball). Friend of mine was playing but having a rough time. He was only +1 after 6 but playing partners were -2 and -4.

1 Like