šŸø The Gin thread

I just knew you were man of classā€¦ I highly recommend a proper pink gin, with ā€˜the Botanistā€™ (made at Bruichladdich (Bruch-lad-dee) distillery on Islay (eye-la) large dash of Angostura and Fever Tree with a fuck load of ice and a slice of blood orangeā€¦ not only is it sophisticated, but it makes you more sexually alluring

My concern would be whether @lifeintheslowlaneā€™s heart could cope with what this might do to the Lady?

2 Likes

How could you even say such a thing? Nothing, but nothing, could make me more sexually alluring.*

Like you Iā€™m a big fan of the Botanist, but I hadnā€™t tried it with Angostura in addition to the tonic. Given your own status as a man of great taste and discernment, I shall most certainly give this a try.

* I realise, of course, that this could be interpreted in two distinctly different ways.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been a fan of Sainsburyā€™s own-brand Blackfriars gin for some time. Itā€™s a really decent gin at a surprisingly good price, and well worth a try if you havenā€™t done so. Last weekend I happened to be looking for gin and noticed that they do a lemon variant of the Blackfriars gin; I can now report that this is excellent with either Mediterranean or standard Fever-Tree tonic.

3 Likes

I see you only as David, but much ā€˜largerā€™ obviously

2 Likes

Yes, Iā€™ve put on some weight.

2 Likes

This did indeed made me chuckle - I need to pick Mrs Mot up off the floor

2 Likes

Mrs C_S and YoungAdult#1 are steadily working their way through all of the gins available in our local Sainsburyā€™s (a tough job!).

Had avoided the own brands until Mrs C_S asked for a sipsmiths lemon gin and there wasnā€™t one - got the Sainsburyā€™s one instead and was told it was much better!

1 Like

[quote=ā€œFowllyd, post:45, topic:1625ā€]

Where do you hide the wallet @Fowllyd ? :wink:

Somewhere youā€™ll never find it. Obviously.

1 Like

Ahhh but weā€™re old hands at this ā€œallureā€ thing. I rarely have to resort to the Firemanā€™s outfit and trusty hose. I suppose being naturally endowed with a six pack physique and all the necessary attachments has made life one loooong sensual experience for both of us. :yum:

He ā€œleavesā€ it in the pub!! or was that @SO5-4BW?

1 Like

Not me

Iā€™ve known him for forty years and never seen his wallet

2 Likes

So that was a stolen wallet he go out in the pub in Borough Market pre the Palace game?

How naive of me to think he was being generous :roll_eyes:

Was I there?

Canā€™t remember him buying me a beerā€¦

1 Like

I think you were in the loo :wink:

I was at the bar buying rounds

As usual

2 Likes