⚽ 📰 The Football News Thread

5 Likes

So Tino has a knee issue? Hadn’t heard about that.

1 Like

Yes I think they’ll give him a pain killing injection just before kick-off.
He’ll be OK…it’s a new technique.

1 Like

OMG - it’s not that minuscule thing is it?

Nah, @scotty has one of those, that’s why his doctor prescribes him lots of pills…

5 Likes

Small engines usually start easily. Anything with a decent capacity takes a lot more to fire up. :sunglasses:

Wonder who it could be?

That seems fair…as he’s not here to defend himself. :lou_eyes_to_sky:

Hmmm.

Oh jeeeezzz…

Ffs - where does it end?

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

I hope we are going to expunge all references to Lawrie Mac - because he was managing the first team throughout that period - I would be amazed if he hadn’t heard rumours at the time

We should probably give back the FA Cup win as well - given that we won that during the nonce years

Doris the tea lady should also be cancelled

2 Likes

I am so fed up with all this rubbish - my fedupness goes back several years I suppose, when every other day there was some revelation about someone several places removed.
Typically, “Harold Wilson was in the next room when Sir Jasper touched my bottom; even though he had no idea what was going on, I still think he should be vilified and all references about him removed from public libraries “
An even worse example would be forcing the queen to abdicate because she should have known Andrew was a nonce, and stopped all that nonsense years ago.

3 Likes

Hmm,

I don’t think anyone would be saying this if it was someone they cared about that was the victim.

Are people honestly telling me that if they’d told someone else with the power to do something about it and prevent more, that they wouldn’t be extremely fucked off with them?

It’s embarrassing because it’s our club, but people were rightly outraged because something very similar (people not acting on information received) led to scores of people being abused in places like Rotherham before anything was done about it.

2 Likes

It’s widely understood nowadays, paedo activity isn’t under the radar like it was in Ted Bates’ day. Would he have believed any report made to him, or even fully understood the significance of it that we would apply in today’s era? I’m not defending it, it was as wrong then as it is now, but I can see that someone of Ted Bates generation could easily have just not accepted that it might happen and therefore failed to take the allegation seriously.

C’mon. It’s not like nonces are a modern invention.

Of course not. Nobody’s suggesting they are.

Then the notion that Bates wasn’t aware that such things can go on seems a bit flimsy. I think it’s our club and for that reason people want to minimise it, because it tarnishes both Bates and a good fucking period of our entire reputation for building up the youth.

The man wasn’t an imbecile.