⚽ 📰 The Football News Thread

Jokes aside that is probably our best hope in keeping him.

If he goes to Tottenham and Kane stays then he’s a bellend in my book.

3 Likes

TBH, many footballers make these unwise decisions believing the shit spouted by their agents…

So many of these footballers yearn to go to a “big club” because they want to either “win trophies” or “play in the champions league”.
Would be interesting to catalogue all those who have moved on for these (daft?) reasons, but have never fulfilled their dreams.
I would be happier if they just said they wanted to go to a “big club” because the money is so much more, albeit only for perhaps a year or two.

3 Likes

Reading on the BBC that Liverpool will get 20% of any fee for Ings if we sell. That seems very high, if true what greedy bastards they are, and what mugs our negotiators were when we bought him.

1 Like

If Ings wants to go then so be it, but I think those niggling injuries that he’s getting are becoming more frequent. I might be wrong but when he first started playing for us he seemed as fit as a Butcher’s dog and now maybe he’s finding that his body has more limitations as he plays more regularly and at a faster pace. We can’t pin our hopes on him staying and no doubt the guys in the background are looking for replacement options so perhaps we should cash in while we can.

Ralph mentioned recently that our rehabilitation and therapy facilities are closed. No cold room, etc, and that’s why we’re seeing so many injuries. Add to that our high intensity game plus hardly any break between this season and last, plus playing on worse surfaces, and I guess most players will be suffering more than usual.

2 Likes

Exactly this. Ings was fit all of last season, albeit there was a midseason break for COVID.

Will only be on the 'profit, not the total fee, but agreed still high. How much did we pay again? 18mil to 20 on appearance I think I read… suspect we might only get 30mil or so, so Scousers would probably get around 2mil or so?

If Tottenham have tapped him up and he does a PEH, then we’ve got no hope of getting more than £20m. Levy being a right cheap wanker and all that.

If he is to leave then hope City are genuinely interested as he’ll defo get champions league football there.

Aguero to leave City. No new contract offered. Hmmm

Well, we need to replace Ingsys goals somehow. I suppose he’d do… :grin:

4 Likes

Cheaper than Kane at £50m.
Fits their pressing style

We are broke

Also fits the ‘crocked centre forward’ void left by Aguero.

3 Likes

Why not just do a swap?

I think City will be looking at better than danny Ings.

3 Likes

Telegraph reckons Haaland is their main target

1 Like

I’m still expecting Tottenham to be his destination. Decent player on the relative cheap because of him being in the last year of his contract… that’s Levy tactics to a T. With a prior tapping up in there too of course.

Haaland is the main target. Lukaku meant to be 2nd favourite. Kane 3rd.

More reason not to sell to Levy