The European Union

Bloody bstd Polish immigrants. Coming over and swamping our home and our culture Goddamit.

No not you lot, I’m talking over bloody here!

Approx 6 months ago our (hugely overpriced) Dubai Booze Shops (For Licence Holders only) and our Wholesale “Cash & Carries” out in the desert used to carry an immense range of Bottled Ale.

I’ve found Ringwood, Wadworth’s, Fullers, Belhaven, Marstons, Sptfire, Adnams, Greene King, Ruddles, Shepherds Neme I reckon on an average trip I had the choice of about 30 different brewers, hell they even sold Snecklifter ffs.

3 weeks ago I went to the wholesale store to find the choice down to Boondoggle or some obscure Wheat Beer I had never heard of. Not even OSH. But they were building a new display area…

Anyway yesterday we passed by the local Dubai store and found? All the stores have a new display area.

A Polish Vodka display where the Ale had been. FFS!!!

Look, I am now fully educated in the delights of Vodka and how to drink it properly and I should have been delighted to get the chance to restock rather than waiting for visitors to arrive. I was delighted to find they have added:

Zubrowka -Bison Grass, Wyborowa - once the finest Vidka in the world until bought by the French, Belvedere - possibly the finest these days (and most expensive) and EVEN Old Krupnik - Honey Vodka.

BUT NOT AT THE EXPENSE OF OUR ALES!

And THE WORST. The ABSOLUTE BLOODY KNIFE TO THE GUTS?

Where once had proudly sat the display of Ringwood Ales (Boondoggle & 49’er) they had Zwiec Polish bloody Lager.

Insult to bloody injury.

1 Like

Look ma, I’m on top o’ the world!!

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

You can bet your bollocks to a barndance if I made comments llke those my bollocks would be nailed to the barn door, the Bazza is a ledge though, like the Dalai Lama, Gandhi and Derek Accorah, bang on the money, nepotism is another word for racism, human nature, cross that number and acknowledge it and we all together can progress as legends watching Kes and Russ Abbott.

You’re forgetting the whole “we invited you in the first place” part there, Bazza.

Originally posted by @Dubai_Phil

A Polish Vodka display where the Ale had been.

This could be a line from a John Cooper Clarke piece.

Nice.

1 Like

I accepted your invite, I didn’t invite myself you did Pap, let’s be honest here, after all I’m known for honesty and not purporting unfounded lies and allegations, some on here have form for that.

I’m as pure as the driven snow.

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

I accepted your invite, I didn’t invite myself you did Pap, let’s be honest here, after all I’m known for honesty and not purporting unfounded lies and allegations, some on here have form for that. I’m as pure as the driven snow.

Can I suggest “comprehension” before honesty, me old chum?

1 Like

You can suggest away till your hearts content but I wont give a bollocks Pap.

There are a few news articles out there today suggesting that the crisis with Greece is the end of the European Union as a mechanism for political and financial union. Those voices are American-led, but even so, I’ve got a measure of agreement. The EU pretty much placed the financial system above the needs and concerns of its citizens, repeatedly. At best, political union has been kicked into the long grass for a very long time. At worst, it has already failed.

Cannot see Totallydisparates selling that deal to the Greeks. Strikes already called and some of the interviews on Sky News today show a level of hatred for Germans that could turn very nasty.

The whole concept that “The Lazy South” could wave a magic Goldman Sachs piece of paper and have parity with the North was insanity from the get go but any logical debate was twisted by politics to pigeon hole people.

To be honest I think the Germans have been downright merciless in ensuring the bulk of the Eurozone kept the currency down as long a possible to make their exports so much more competitive. It is almost as if once again some big bully has screwed over the weak kids on the block.

Payback could be a bitch and it’s coming

1 Like

Originally posted by @Dubai_Phil

Cannot see Totallydisparates selling that deal to the Greeks. Strikes already called and some of the interviews on Sky News today show a level of hatred for Germans that could turn very nasty.

The whole concept that “The Lazy South” could wave a magic Goldman Sachs piece of paper and have parity with the North was insanity from the get go but any logical debate was twisted by politics to pigeon hole people.

To be honest I think the Germans have been downright merciless in ensuring the bulk of the Eurozone kept the currency down as long a possible to make their exports so much more competitive. It is almost as if once again some big bully has screwed over the weak kids on the block.

Payback could be a bitch and it’s coming

The EU is not in great shape at the moment. It has lost so much legitimacy across the board thanks to the way it has handled the situation with Greece. Owen Jones has a piece in the Guardian today about the left’s relationship with Europe. Gone are the days when the EU is viewed as a progressive structure for change that can do good in a country that normally returns right-leaning governments. This was a real test of what the EU stood for. It has failed.

My longstanding worries, never really about immigration, but more to do with the capacity of an unelected executive to enforce a kind of tyranny, have not been calmed either.

Hmm.

The EU want £850m from the UK for a future bailout fund. So that’s £850m coming from you and me, to pay back banks that have lent too much to Eurozone countries.

Nice

Old one but a good one.

As part of the negotiations, the British Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a 5- year phase-in plan that would become known as “Euro-English”.

In the first year, “s” will replace the soft “c”. Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard “c” will be dropped in favour of “k”. This should klear up konfusion, and keyboards kan have one less letter.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year when the troublesome “ph” will be replaced with “f”. This will make words like fotograf 20% shorter.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible.

Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling.

Also, al wil agre that the horibl mes of the silent “e” in the languag is disgrasful and it should go away.

By the 4th yer people wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing “th” with “z” and “w” with “v”.

During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary “o” kan be dropd from vords kontaining “ou” and after ziz fifz yer, ve vil hav a reil sensi bl riten styl.

Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi TU understand ech oza. Ze drem of a united urop vil finali kum tru.

1 Like

The In Campaign has formed a Prime Minister Supergroup.

Major, Blair and Brown are all going to be fighting the cause for “in”.

That’s us out, then :lou_smiley:

1 Like

FFS :lou_facepalm_2:

p.s. I love these emoticons.

1 Like

Hang on a fucking minute, June sodding Sarpong is also fronting the pro-EU campaign? Was there not someone more irrelevant available?

Apparently this is to appeal to younger voters? Dafuq?! I’m calling it now, this pro-campaign is a conspiracy to ensure EU withdrawal. Next it’ll be Katie Price & Andy Townsend extolling the virtues of us staying in the EU.

1 Like

Andy Townsend’s completely thought through rationale for staying in the EU:-

(drum roll)

“Better”

If Corbyn’s campaign is anything to go by. Blair and Brown are the last people you want fronting this. Brown isn’t very trusted in Scotland either, seen as the twat who swallowed “the vow”

2 Likes

canny buggers these out campaigners

And as luck would have it I found a nice little shop in Subic Bay selling Guiness so they quickly sold out :laughing:

Phil the Beer hole in Umm Al Quwain next to the water park not supplying anything?

Really what does the EU give us? Trade? We could trade anyway? The ease of living abroad? Already had that and skilled migration has always been allowed.

What are the real absolute benefits?

Most of the benefits that are enumerated whenever someone says “What has the EU ever done for us?” revolve around things that would continue to occur anyway. You’re right; people would not stop trading with us, or wanting to come and live here. You can bet your bottom dollar that we’ll be told all of these things are massive risks to our way of life.

You and I both live in a city that has benefited hugely from the EU. When no-one apart from Heseltine gave a fuck, the EU put a lot of money into rejuvenating the area, and it worked. Forget about some of the architectural blights and just consider how much the labour market has changed.

There’s a general feeling that with large blocs emerging, the EU is going to need to work as a whole to get the best bargains.

The problem is that none of that stuff is a decent enough trade for democracy. While we can rightfully point to almost 70 years of peace on the continent, it’s like any other EU claim. They’ll tell us that it couldn’t have been achieved in any other way.