The European Union

Heaven knows why, usual Bazza bashing, whoppers galore.

1 Like

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

Heaven knows why, usual Bazxa bashing, whoppers galore.

Don’t get me wrong Baz, i’ll be happy to vote you down if I feel that you are being a trolling bellend. I do not, however, think that posts should be down voted just because they are controversial.

That’s hardly controversial, in fact it’s a widely held view by far more learned people than me and it’s widely across the political spectrum, I post it and it’s like the Turner diaries part 2, people need to learn a little, Bazza will learn em.

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

I would be very sad if we left Europe upon the issue of solidarity with our neighbours @[what-does-this-mean?] but when it’s actually a whole [a whole what? You couldn’t think of a collective noun, so just left it out?] of trade treaties and nothing more than that what’s the point? [But the anti-European argument is that trade agreements are what they wanted the EU to consist of; not all the other political-unification stuff] Do you want to displace more sovereignty for trade? [Again, that’s not the argument - it’s sovereignty of UK Parliament vs sovereignty co-opted by Brussels] That’s what it boils down to, it’s a failing economic experiment, [No, it’s a polticial and economic union] ask the Germans what they think of it, [the German economy has been the major beneficary of the current meltdown, so which ‘Germans’ are you talking about?] I was in Majorca last week with Spanish friends that live there and their issues are even vastly different from the mainland, [How can you possibly know this?] it’s too bureaucratic and top heavy, it’s an experiment that was designed initially for Western Europe to trade easier, the expansion rapidly at that has left many people behind [who?], cheap labour, lack of housing, creaking NHS are real concerns. [You want to blame the EU - and by implication immgrants - for all of this and absolve UK government policies? Christ.] All for the sake of trade agreements [Again, the anti-Euro posiiton is that trade agreements are fine; it’s the political union they don’t like] that could and have been signed off by Norway, Switzerland and others. [This simply makes no sense and seems unconnected to anything else] The top [The top what? Again, did you fail to find a verb and so just left it out?] want free trade and many simply want a job, who pays? [Who pays for what?] The honest working person as always [Who is this? And who is it not?], a great but corrupted project, the French wouldn’t let us join [after we first had refused to join] and also objected if you recall, [redundant - you just said this] we also stitched up New Zealand and others when we did go in but that’s another story. [Please don’t tell it because marking your assignments is tedious].

In some posh schools there used to be a mark, known as ‘non satis’. It was given for work that didn’t qualify for an F. The above aspires to be an F but falls a long way short. It’s not controversial. It’s not uncontroversial. It’s gibberish.

10 Likes

Lol at vbl trying to analyse a Barry post, looking for rational thought & syntax! Everyone knows that a Barry post is like the barking of a dog, it’s no good listening to the actual words, you have to try and determine the simple emotion behind the noise. I.e. when a dog barks, what he’s actually feeling is i.e. I’m excited! I’m excited! or i.e. Who’s at the door! Who’s at the door!

The particular post above, for example, merely says, I don’t like EU! I don’t like EU! I dunno why ur looking for anything else.

6 Likes

I fucking love this site.

3 Likes

(scuse my language).

Yeah it’s funny that you make that dog analogy, Bear, because Barry’s excited arrival on to Papsweb yesterday reminded me exactly of how our old dog Muttley used to react after my dad let him out of his overnight kennel: he’d come tearing into the house yapping, barking, panting, slobbering, biting and wagging his tail all at the same time. Every day the same thing. <sigh> I miss that old dog.

3 Likes

ha ha what a whopper, I bet you had an arse like a clowns pocket in school.

This topic is temporarily closed for 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

Struggling to imagine what an arse like a clown’s pocket is. Can anyone help?

Originally posted by @Coxford_lou

Struggling to imagine what an arse like a clown’s pocket is. Can anyone help?

Clowns have large pockets. An arse like a clowns pocket would therefore be large and cavernous. It’s difficult to tell what Barry is actually saying, but if I had to guess, I’d go for mild homophobia, enabled by Roger’s Profanisaurus.

2 Likes

Is this some of that famous scouse hunour we have been hearing so much about Pap?

1 Like

My (brook) sides are splitting

2 Likes

It’s a myth. Stuff just escapes their gobs more readily than their more filtered non-scouse brethren.

Barry may have some interesting points that are worth discussing but it is very hard to tell what they are.

From afar, I would say stay in but with significant reform and certainly, never, ever get into the Euro. It would have been better to be just a trading block rather than trying to make into one country.

Why does it appear the French and Germans know how to work the system to their advantage, usually to our disadvantage? Or is that just the media portraying that way?

1 Like

Oh dear. I’m not sure where to begin or what to say. In fact, I can’t be bothered so I’ll keep it brief.

Your post is a load of old shit.

1 Like

Ps, that wasn’t me that downvoted you, someone else must think your post was shit as well.

Re: Asia and Africa specifically, not sure about that. Many European states are in part, responsible for a genuine refugee crisis. Cameron shared his moment of military commander glory with Sarkozy in Libya, and in doing so, made it a fucking unattractive place to live, so much so that jumping into an overcrowded boat for a perilous trip across the Med seems like a good idea, even after so many people have already been lost. Refugee status doesn’t happen by accident, and while we’re not directly responsible for those driven out by eternally despotic regimes, we bear a measure of responsibility when the regimes are the ones we’ve put in place, or the territory they’re running from is something that we’ve fucked up.

Nothing happens in a vacuum.

Like with the benefits system, I’m sure there are going to be some that are taking the piss, but that’s what the Home Office is for. And believe me, they’re not nice to foreigners. I’ve been involved in an asylum case, successful in the end but horribly illuminating with respect to the Home Office, detention centres and the indifference, if not outright hostility, to those in their care. If anything, I’d say they were too harsh.

Re: EU There are genuine debates to be had about the effects of a job market flooded with “foreign” labour. I also think that as speakers of the world’s most universally understood language, we are a singular attraction within the EU, a potential stepping stone into other parts of the English speaking world.

The EU needs to recognise that, and bung us the cash so we’re able to accommodate it. The issue we’ve got right now is too much demand and not enough budget. If the EU gave us infrastructure funding commensurate with the level of demand the single market places on our economy, none of this would be a problem.

Originally posted by @Fatso

Oh dear. I’m not sure where to begin or what to say. In fact, I can’t be bothered so I’ll keep it brief.

Your post is a load of old shit.

He’s me dad, so “yeah right, you’ve got to stick up for him, pap”, but I largely didn’t.

I thought the points on the permit system are interesting, especially with that 2% figure lurking in the background. It’s entirely relevant to the notion of an expanded labour market.