⚽ The European Finals Matchday Threads

Point is the directive had been clearly communicated (maybe you didn’t get the memo :wink:)
Sissoko should NEVER had been waving his arms in the air. HE is at fault for giving the ref an easy decision.
It HAS also been consistent - Utd got their winning penalty in a similar way earlier in the tourney
Meanwhile Spuds need to sharpen up around the box

OK its ‘great’ for all the banter and discussion… but there is too much resting unit now, too much money etc… would you be happy if we went down because of a ‘subjective’ penalty decision?

Trouble is it’s taken “common sense” out of the equation.

2 Likes

I’d be pissed off if we got relegated full stop. You won’t convince me that that type of decision is correct or good for the game. I understand it’s the way things are going but it will make the game a farce.

1 Like

It actually encourages and rewards dirty filthy gamesmanship.

1 Like

Ball hitting arm, shoulder and chest, NOT chest

Protocol followed, backed up by VAR.

All the funnier when Spuds equalise & get the winner in injury time

I am fine with common sense … but problem is it is never applied fairly or consistently… which is why rules become more draconian

But why? Players will learn and keep their arms by their sides or keep them behind their back.

I’m sure the rule in the past used to be “if the player gained an advantage from the ball hitting their arm” whether it was intentional or not.

I also get the player deliberately kicking the ball at the arm but what about a player deliberately kicking a ball at an opposition player to win a thrown in or corner?

1 Like

But so does letting the twats dive all over the place with no real punishment…

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/nocontextfooty/status/1134903119303839750

1 Like

Or shirt pulling or the general play acting that goes on…

1 Like

Match has gone all a bit ‘premier league’ - lost of huff and puff, but lacking a bit of ‘culture’

Trippier has become completely shit

Dodgy Barnett as well…

Dier as well…

Believed their own hype post WC?

1 Like

Dier has always been dire…

3 Likes

Anyone else getting that sinking feeling? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Yep. I’m sinking Pints

1 Like

Go on, rub it in :angry::angry::smile:

Fucksake. Thought they were in there, fucking delle ali :angry::angry::angry: