🔎 🧑‍🤝‍🧑 The Coronavirus Contact Tracing App

If you think you’re any less tracked by not downloading the app, you’re naive.

We all trust Cummings and his Government to make sure that the data is anonymous and is not used as a product to hawk around for profit right? Right?

Then why the need for the app?

1 Like

So how does it work if you dont have a smart phone do they give you a free one?

3 Likes

Because the app is looking at something specific and the government doesn’t want you to know that since Theresa May’s snooping legislation, you’ve had no online privacy whatsoever.

And what if you have one but it sits at home and you never take it with you? Mr Tigger always has his with him as does young adult #1 so why would I need to bother with mine?

2 Likes

As if “they” don’t track everything you say, do or where you go already…
:lou_lol:
:male_detective:

I only use mine for sexting and unsolicited dick pics. If it weren’t for those I wouldn’t have a phone either.

2 Likes

Do you think they’re reading this site?

Nope, but I’m fairly confident that the site is spidered and subject to the same keyword filtering as anything else.

If anything truly dodgy went down. we’d be flagged, same as anyone else.

Is this like your comedy routine, where you only subscribe to part of something and mock the rest?

If you think what gets written on these places doesn’t matter, you’re mistaken. I can recall a time when one of our SaintsWeb colleagues got flat-out intimidated in real life for something he’d shared there.

Pum suggoch axarr wo Seteniaxans dinvonk eep ewn raxackuaxago. Worr dib jet eep ewn raxackuaxago usick cedo cloaxatick sebtwaxalo din hist wo caxan loguraxalrupp uso welds riko axaslo fum tit pi uctol oxtlomo plevecaxatien, cunk pi jet ebboct pufric poconcupp.

3 Likes

You are fucking NICKED me old beauty.

Asre?

2 Likes

Ug’lo bungin’ frubbick…ug ket nubbint em vo numptupp feupp.

Dib wo’lo foick waxatstow zoupp vuch whaxavo bigulow uk zaxat @paxap dis pit vaxassivo forroct

http://mybigmonkey.com/gibberish/

Keos withuk saxayin’ vaxato. VI9 soo…zo cruo dis din zo “Pum”

Try and trace me in the middle of the South China Sea

No hiding place, they have you logged…

phil

9 Likes

Looks like it won’t work anyway…

Despite what the NCSC has continued to imply, the app will not, as it stands, work all the time on iOS nor Android since version 8. The operating systems won’t allow the tracing application to broadcast its ID via Bluetooth to surrounding devices when it’s running in the background and not in active use. Apple’s iOS forbids it, and newer Google Android versions limit it to a few minutes after the app falls into the background.

That means that unless people have the NHS app running in the foreground and their phones awake most of the time, the fundamental principle underpinning the entire system – that phones detect each other – won’t work.

I must admit that aside from the moral and ethical arguments, I was wondering how the app would be woken each time it needed to identify another phone in the vicinity.

Battery was my concern but they seems to suggest that it’s fundamentally not possible.

This is why everyone else will be looking to work off the back of the Apple and Google collaboration, I guess .