The cloven hooved one's official match thread: The mighty Demons vs the slickly sweet stuff

Console yourself with the fact that it would have felt like history repeating with Everton swooping in to pinch him.

At least nobody is trying to steal our manager. :expressionless:

2 Likes

We went for the man that just said this.

“We don’t see much the opponent, we try to follow our principle and our style because I have to defend the quality that we’ve got in the squad.

Wasn’t this one of complaints about Puel?

Then he said this(just to rub it in).

“We will do all we can to see a team who will manage the ball, to put the ball on the ground and try to be patient.”

I have no problem with this idea, but it does raise the question, what the fuck did you sack Puel for. All we’ve done is swapped is someone with a proven track record, for someone without.

It’s bizarre to say the least, but he did mention players becoming stale because they play every week. Drop the fuckers(Tadic plus another two from a selection of at least four or five). He’s gone if he doesn’t do something.

Back to the match tomorrow, 3-1 Saints(yes 3 goals in a game, rather than a quarter season). Players dropped, then a comfortable win, should buck some ideas up in so called senior players(sold in January more like) and we can all cheer up.

2 Likes

I’ve got a horrible feeling that we will play with 3 CB’s in the team today.

Unfortunately one of them will be Jack Stephens.

Starting in Romeu’s position.

I quite like fivrwebs’ new nickname for FF - Traffic Cone.

I KNOW we are crap because we have no attacking quality and I KNOW we have got worse since Lemina has been out. But honestly, if he goes flat back 4 again today…

Bullfrogs on Friday may have saved me from the horror of watching the game in the Pub. I’m STILL hungover ffs

If McArthy is so totally shit maybe we could give Stuart Taylor a start?

:lou_eyes_to_sky:

What I would do:

Random bloke plucked from the Northam wearing trainers and crisp packets for gloves, Cedric, Yoshida, VVD, Hoedt, Bertrand, Lemina (regardless of whether he is 100% fit or not), Davis, Boufal, Austin, Gabbiadini

What I anticipate will actually happen:

:poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

Me to wiife - Sod it I’m gonna go to the Pub to watch the game.

But I’m “I’m cooking Gammon slow boiled in Cider for Dinner.”

Fuck the Pub

A Motorway Traffic Cone

VVD

Hoedt Maya

Cedric Bertie

PEH Davis

Susan

Austin Gabbi

But it will be 4-2-3-0

Jokes aside, massive game today. There won’t be a better time to play Everton or indeed a team in such a desperate state.

With Man City away in mid week we really could be on to a genuine hiding. Plenty of other sides have been rolled over in better form so it is a concern. If that happens our already minimal confidence will be through the floor heading in to the next massive match against Bournemouth.

We need to stop the rot and soon.

Probably not a bad thing that Romeu is banned. He has been pretty poor and as guilty as anyone this season of slowing the game down.

Come on Saints, 2 goals from open play ain’t that much to ask is it?! (Something we have not achieved this season or since May)

Just in case someone wants to send a letter to Mr Goa tomorrow.

Here is a picture of a Post Office in Goa

Steve Davis is clearly playing then…

Well there you have it, same system and still no two up front.

And still he persists with Tadic. Unbelievable.

So Les has clealry laid down the Law.

No doubt in his best Mike Bassett voice

You’re going to be playing 4-2-3-1, you agreed that in your contract, now shut up and take the shit from the crowd.

OK OK.

It’ 4-2-3-Pedal Cart.

Hopefully because he isn’t so mobile Austin may have the ability to NOT run away from a cross or two…

I could just retune my stream to the F1 from down the road of course.

Might save some pain…

thers no movement off the fucking ball so whoever has the ball stops and then gets surounded by the opposition. stupid little short passes to players already with a man on them so get no chance to move forward.

Fuck me, were playing proper football - so far…

Whoa wtf is this?

Really encouraging start from Saints

moving ball quicker and longer

1 Like

Austin two shots both off target