:bbc: The BBC

Abso-fucking-lutely :+1::+1::+1::+1:

I certainly don’t want foreign muck on my tv screen either. However, I’ll tolerate it on my pc screen when the wife’s out.

3 Likes

So the BBCs way of avoiding an equally pay row this year is to give Zoe ball a million pound pay rise instead of tackling the real issue which is you are overpaying Lineker

3 Likes

…and they could have had Matt much cheaper. :rage:

3 Likes

Zoe Ball is now the highest paid presenter at the BBC. Despite losing a million listeners since she took over the breakfast show, which doesn’t surprise me at all. She has to have one of the most annoying voices in broadcasting, a middle aged woman trying to come across as some kind of giggly right on down with the kids twenty year old. Beyond ridiculous.

It’s fuckin’ Radio 2 @Nottarf-Krap…their age demographic is even too old for me. She’s trying to kid them they are as old a she pretends to be.

1 Like

Steve’s Wrights still a great DJ on 2, Dev on Radio 1 is good and a few other, I listen to alot of the wireless, 1/2 5LIVE and World service are all brilliant in my humble, love the BBC. Use it more than Sky, BT and the blag.

So, a reprieve for the Red Button, but are they going to make it unwanted by downgrading content.

Used to use it every morning to check travel, footie gossip and results & occasionally for live Muzak and sport.

Haven’t needed to check travel recently and won’t for at least another 6 months (:+1:). & obviously @sotonians is the only place for footie and Muzak…RIP Red Button I guess…eventually…

There is a nostalgic feeling to BBC teletext but I won’t miss it

65 pages of allocation on arrival holidays. See one you like and then you had to make “The Decision” - go for it or wait to see if something better turned up with the risk that you will have to wait half an hour for your first choice to reappear

Teletext was as Barry would say, wank. Red Button less so imho.

Still not as good as google

But for all the lazy arses and “olds” who can’t put the words “smart” and “phone” together, let alone know how to use one, I guess it is a sort of lifeline to the world…

CUNT! :rage:

3 Likes

It was brilliant when it was the only game in town.

I remember staying at my aunt’s place and getting up early just so I could read all of Teletext.

2 Likes

I remember, at a dull, wider family get together, meeting my then wife’s cousin to find out he was a saints fan. Result. We then watched 90 mins of the footy scores on teletext (on a silent TV) , with three pages constantly rotating, to see how Saints were doing :grin:

5 Likes

So Martin Bashir, allegedly, showed Diana forged bank statements, and other crap, so that she’d do an interview with him and slag of the Royals…

1 Like

What a stunning interview though!

1 Like

Absolutely. :+1::+1:

Whilst I can’t condone Bashir’s methods if the claims are true and although I think that Diana later regretted doing the interview, at the time she clearly wanted to tell her side of the story after feeling that she had been cut adrift from “The Firm”.

Given later events, I’d say that she was right to feel that way.

It was gripping television. The wife of the heir to the throne effectively saying outright that her husband was knobbing his bit on the side, and had been since they married, pretty much unprecedented.

2 Likes