The Ashes Down Under - 2017-18

I assume Vince was out swishing as well then

Nope. New ball tied him up and he edged it to slip.

Bowling has been aggressive from the quicks, Root got hit on the grill and had to be checked out by a doctor (all ok). Meantime Lyon has found movement which eluded Ali.

“Survived” to close with no more losses. 33-2

3 Likes

To have the Aussies at 209-7, a new ball, and not to turn the screws by bowling Anderson and Broad was puzzling to say the least. Hope Anderson is OK, otherwise we are in deep shit. To let them reach 328 from that position was poor. Cook seems really out of touch, a very poor shot in the circumstances, what on earth was he thinking of? Someone is going to have to play a Smith type innings for us to save this one.

3 Likes

Root needs to prove he’s world class

Ok, you’ll be pleased to know that’s all from me. Take care everyone :zipper_mouth:

Taking it nice and easy this morning, which is good to see. Let the bowlers make the mistakes.

50 up for Root… and then immediately out!

I was just about to say something about what a good steady knock this was.

Curses!

Moeen gone to a stumping, just as he and Bairstow were looking comfortable. That feels like it might be England’s last hope.

Last 4 wickets added only 10 runs.

Which makes Cook’s stupid shot selection so much worse.

Game over then.

And coming back from a beating at the Gabba is usually impossible. We really had a chance in this game, brainless by Bairstow in the first innings thinking he could attck from the off and Cook in the second when he should have sucked up the pressure.

Have to get Mark Wood back for the next game - and really need to get Moeen puting some revs on the ball if we are going to make a fight of this series

1 Like

Perhaps some of us knew what would be coming…

:lou_facepalm_2:

1 Like

Ten wicket tonking on the cards.

And we “fought well”

Jeez.

Oi, you lot in blighty? Any chance of telling Avon and whatever Police to pull their fucking fingers out and let Stokes get on a plane?

1 Like

I chose the right night not to stay up (need to be wide awake for the sparkling entertainment at SMS today).

Feeble.

Mistake.

Watching the Test would have been far more relaxing and boosting your positive energy Karma than sitting through another 90 minutes of circles and sideways passes.

Best pack a defibrillator for when Everton score

1 Like

And you thought the start of the series had been bad enough?

England wicketkeeper Jonny Bairstow is being investigated for allegedly headbutting Australian batsman Cameron Bancroft.

The English Cricket Board is investigating the incident from when the team was in Perth for a tour match against Western Australia on November 4-5.

Bairstow allegedly headbutted Bancroft in the side of the head in a late-night scuffle outside The Avenue bar, according to Fox Sports.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5118313/Jonny-Bairstow-accused-headbutting-Cameron-Bancroft.html#ixzz4zXIDkEhH
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

stand down @dubai_phil nothing to see here

BTW we only need to draw the series to retain the Ashes.

BUT based on that performance I can see another 5-0 whitewash occuring.

1 Like

The 4th innings their body language was terrible, let their heads drop and couldn’t be arsed.

TBF I couldn’t be arsed to watch it last night.

1 Like

So why has Stokes gone to New Zealand?

Extradition laws?

3 Likes