šŸ‡¦šŸ‡« Taliban retake Afghanistan

Thread

has twitter changed their access rules - it now asks you to log in to view threads?

1 Like

Dunno.
Iā€™m always logged in

What could possibly go wrongā€¦
What choice do they haveā€¦

? read too many Andy McNab novels?

A good rule for life is ā€œdonā€™t listen to Louise Menschā€

I imagine itā€™s the only coping strategy Peter Mensch has.

4 Likes

I keep seeing the fall of Israel in World War Z when I see stories like this. No doubt many heroic tales to be told of normal people put in an impossible position

FB post from my mate that served at Khandahar

Received a message from the CEO of the military contractor that I worked for in Afghnaistan (and still do part time from home) -

And the few friends that were still working in Kandahar and a few of the outer bases that were still open; -

I am so happy to report, that all Americans and third country nationals were all evacuated safely.

But Kandahar is a long way from Kabul šŸ˜¢

THANK GOD!!šŸ™

So, the Yanks got everyone out when they abandoned Khandahar?
What about the local staff?

Biden is getting a load of shit from the US media including CNN

Itā€™s almost like someone said to him ā€œTrump was the worst President that we have had in our historyā€ and Biden saying ā€œHold my beerā€¦ā€

Itā€™s a massive fuck up from him, and this soon into his Premiership - he may never recover from this.

Its a way of getting him to resign and the Vce Lessie to take over.

1 Like

Itā€™s a massive fuck up from everyone after 2001.

There was never any justification for going in. The Taliban of the day shat themselves and offered to hand Bin Laden over.

Biden was carrying out and implementation of a Trump plan based on an Obama initiative. If anything, I admire him for having the balls to do it. The long term consequences could be beneficial to the world as US citizens agree with him and are much less keen on being the worldā€™s policeman.

2 Likes

The man has form for being a conflict dodger

Got 5 separate deferments for Vietnam by taking multiple degrees
Then when he ran out of courses, finagled a medical exemption
Managed the disastrous first withdrawal from Iraq as VP, and as a result Obama had to go back in to restabilize the region
Apparently shouted at Obama, ā€œyou are not sending my son back thereā€ when Obama committed troops again
Now with have this chaotic withdrawal - get out at any cost and fuck the Afghans who fell from the plane because ā€œthat happened for or five days agoā€

I think the bloke has a yellow streak running through him

What a shame people in 2001 werenā€™t as spineless and didnā€™t take the Talibanā€™s offer.

2 Likes

Probably the wrong thread

Watch Kesari on Prime

Improbable tale of 21 Sikhs fighting against 10,000 Afghans

Elton John is set to release a new song tribute to the Afghans who fell from the airplanes leaving Kabul.

ā€˜Sandal in the Windā€™ will be out September 1st.

2 Likes

:man_facepalming:

There is no chance that I am fucking queuing - the useless twats can just refund my ticket if it doesnā€™t turn up in the post today

Bit harsh comparing SMS with Kabul Airport @

2 Likes