🇸🇾 Syria

1. Syrian Airlines now operate from Damascus Airport fully refurbished modern planes with flat beds & cuisine in Business Class to rival Emirates
  2. This shows so much sense. What’s the betting the West will ignore the appeal and then msm will say the trials were corrupt

BBC News - Islamic State group: Syria’s Kurds call for international tribunal

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/Partisangirl/status/1111183799268704257

Are you saying Syrian’s leader is legitimate? The Russians are only there for a warm water port (see Crimea) and/or influence in the region.

Amazingly, no I am not. What I am doing is pointing out that the US and Israel have joined head chopping terrorists once more in bombing Syrians.

1 Like

Quite possibly wouldn’t be the first time, anyone in that nation other than the Syrian people have no right to be there, the Russians are only extending their influence there and killing at the behest of a tyrant, they’re all as bad as each other.
The innocents suffer.

If the Russians weren’t there the US would probably have slave markets up and running in Damascus by now.

2 Likes

I think even with your pro Russian bias you jest sir.

Think I went to that bar.
Oh sorry THAT kind of slave.
My bad, carry on

Russia were invited there by the Syrian government after the secular, sovereign nation of Syria were invaded by headchopping Islamic State fundamentalists, backed, armed and financed by the West. Of course Russia have interests there, warm water ports etc. Are you suggesting that only the US, UK, Israel etc can have a sphere of interest and Russia can’t?

1 Like

The Soviet Union and Germany shook hands before they carved up and wiped Poland off the map, you’re point is as relevant as the one I have just written there.
If you know the history of Russia/Soviet Union concerning this you’d know they have desired a warm water port for centuries, I fuck the bastards up by cosying up to another tyrant (Erdogan) and block the straits (Bosporus) as a protest to their aggressive actions in the Black Sea and see what they do? If they get out of Georgia and Crimea and act accordingly then it’ll reopen to the backward bullies.

Point of order, Russia & Syria have been “close” since forever.
Syrian military annoyed the West by always buying MiG’ & BMP’s and all military kit from Russia, who have always used Lattakia Port.
In fact, when I last stayed at Me Meridian there while lecturing at the Uni I had many beers with some Russian officers. Good lads one and all.
Even knew who Saints were.

1 Like

There is a rumour that port will be used (owned) in the future as a Russian Med Port as a thank you for their “help” in this.

Like the whole regeneration deal hasn’t been done yet…

I’d say it was done before any bomb was put down, I’d say Assad wrote this into a part of this deal. Do you trust the Syrians, Russians, French or Yanks on this?

I trust the Syrians above the others in your list

2 Likes

What half? The half that recognize Assad as their leader or the half that wants him killed for being a butcher?

You’ve taken a poll on that have you?

1 Like

I think it’s an even split… 80/20

Western regime change merchants would love one of their thugs to get 20% approval. Unfortunately if 20% approve he’s clearly not doing the west’s dirty work and will be ousted pronto. These are the hard decisions our anti democratic SS and other thugs have to make. Thankfully the have a supine media, so that makes the dirty work a bit easier.