🇸🇾 Syria

Pap the modern liberal is so far removed from the traditional one, classical liberalism. Liberalism in the modern usage is useless its like the word multiculturalism is a byword for failure.

Mate, very few this side of the pond would comprehend that word in any other way than as a reference to Vince Cable and his band of yellow twats.

You use “liberal” the way an American uses liberal. Why is that? And do you think your pilfered transatlantic points of view have any applicability here?

Especially when they’ve been through the patented Sanchez Thought Processing engine, which is clever at least enough to ensure that links to source material are rarely posted.

2 Likes

I’m astute enough to know there are many types of liberalism, I’m not too sure to whether you know that the liberalism we currently have to endure is totally different to what it was originally.

To be fair to Baz, publicly supporting Begum seems to have limited Political gain at this point in time.
The Brexit mess shows that there is an older generation backlash about anyone not white & christian and there are also very strong anti - terror feelings in the general electorate.

So cannot see what the point of making a public statement is, UNLESS the only interest is getting more media presence.

(That is not defending/attacking any of the rights or wrongs of Begum’s situation, just another cynical view of politicians

As someone that has been wrestling with his own citizenship status, I would have thought you’d separate the political points from the moral ones.

It’s a big thing to remove someone’s citizenship, especially because of decisions made as a child, especially when the ungoverned space our country’s military escapades made created the extremist threat in the first place.

1 Like

If Brexit was solely about immigration of part way about asylum which is a different thing, you could look at where asylum seekers are housed and where people voted Brexit.
Immigration is different as its legal and people have capital and go to where they can afford and in many cases thats the South so the actual picture of immigrants is vastly different.
How many immigration hostels/houses are there in London?
Few to none as its far too expensive, they’re in the poor areas where the state can afford and you’ve guessed it right on top of the already shat upon.

I think you conjour all these people out of you head and then append a buzz-word to them. If you support the rule of law…which I assume all people who support a democracy do…it doesn’t make you a liberal, snowflake or anyone else for whom you have a derogerative term.

3 Likes

I did try to keep them separate @pap.
My point is that imho I don’t see any “majority” political benefit for Abbot taking this stand.

Because she has always tried to score points politically.

As I said the law isn’t clear and cloudy and open to interpretation there is no clear rule of law on this hence the difference of opinion, since when have ISIS agreed to international law, the ISIS she subscribes to?
How is does believing in democracy contravene a belief in if you make your bed you should lie in it?
You’re simply saying people aren’t democratic as they believe she is able to get a Bangladeshi Passport she shouldn’t be allowed to return here, there comes a point where a person and not the state has to take a personal responsibility in what they do, that child should not have died and there are many reasons to that.

Liberals/snowflakes and nation haters are loathed to even question to why this was allowed to have happened in a supposed safe place, Syria need to answer questions about these camps.

This is wrong. There are clear laws. We don’t recognise Isis as a state, so it’s impossible to dump on the non existent.
She’s British and there is a legal process to follow.

She has no right to Bangladeshi citizenship as the Bangladeshis have made quite clear. The state always has a responsibility to its citizens. Anyone that understands democracy knows that has to be a given.
That child died because of someone politicising it and they sit on the government side.

More of same rubbish, as always. Not full of hate and bile, weirdly makes you a nation hater in your eyes.

And pass the problem off from those who cause it.
All Syria needs to answer, is the question, do you want this girl to face charges. If not she’s ours.

She does, are we that arrogant to deny her that?

What is the law concerning eligibility her access to a Bangladeshi Passport?

No fact.

You can’t even begin to ask why Syrian camps are so bad and dangerous? The baby died in a Syrian refugee camp.
The Russians bombed her at Assad’s request, this isn’t the UK’s issue she is in that camp and you can’t squirm out of that.

She’s been bombed and not a scratch.
Really?

1 Like

Here’s the person that politicised the whole thing and for purely personal reasons.

“This was an abject decision by a home secretary apparently so intent on furthering his leadership ambitions that he has lost sight of sovereignty, treating the UK as a banana republic incapable of regulating its own citizens,”
“No dignified self-governing state should abandon responsibility for its own citizens in this way, trying to dump them on to poorer countries with failed security arrangements. Mr Javid’s behaviour is a recipe for refugee chaos and moral cowardice of the worst sort,”
said Lord Macdonald, who was director of public prosecutions of England and Wales between 2003 and 2008.

So you don’t believe she was bombed by the Russians?

You should have saved her.

Looking at the pictures of her, i don’t believe she’s been bombed at all. Why do believe she’s been bombed and survived without a scratch. White Helmets video?

So she is a liar and a British plant?

If she is a British plant, then yes, quite clearly a liar. That’s a given and well documented.
There is a certain responsibility for citizens in a democracy(you know this?), so who is not taking their responsibilities seriously?
This might help.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/773878/List_of_Ministerial_Responsibilities.pdf

You haven’t answered the question, is she a liar? She states Russians were bombing her, is she mistaken?

#tinfoilalert