:pl:⚽ SuperBru - Premier League Predictor '21/22

Nurse!
I gotta nose bleed ffs

Round 3 - A late Update

Round 3 has come and gone and we’ve had 3 international games since then. Best I get on a give badges out to the winners and losers of the week…

@dellboy wins this week’s :chapeau_jeune: with his quite competent 14.5 points, consisting of 3 exact predictions, 3 close and 1 result, that’s 7 out of 10. Nearest to him was last season’s bottom of the table occupier, @TheMightyOstrich, best give him an honourable mention as he, too, got 7 out of 10 predictions, just not quite as good as @dellboy’s

@Numptyboi wrests the :wooden_spoon: out of @PhilippineSaint’s hands this week, only 3 outcomes predicted and pretty poorly at that.

how does that affect the top of the table, as expected I have started my plummet down the rankings with @JxgrSaint taking my place at the top…

@PhilippineSaint holds on to his place at the bottom however it looks like @Numptyboi and @Upsidedownsaint are rushing to try and take his position. If @Upsidedownsaint does end up at the bottom of the table will that mean he is actually top??

1 Like

Round 4 - A Poor Predicting Week all Around

Round 4 was another poor predicting week for most of us. For some reason the site has awarded 2 :chapeau_jeune:s but not to the name that is top of the list, weird!!

Second week on the trot for @DellBoy to win his :chapeau_jeune:, 6 outcomes predicted 1 exact, 4 close and 1 result compared to my :chapeau_jeune: of 5 outcomes predicted, 2 exact, 2 close and 1 result.

How @Upsidedownsaint didn’t get one as well for his 7 outcomes is beyond me.

@PhilippineSaint avoids another :wooden_spoon: gracefully conceding this to @Cobham-Saint who managed 5 outcomes, 3 results and 2 close.

The leaderboard appears to have settled a little with @JxgrSaint still at the top and @PhilippineSaint still at the bottom…only those in the bottom half of the table having any movement…

1 Like

Round 5 - Welcome to @Dizzyfeet

Round 5 and we have a strange thing for the Sotonian’s SuperBru league, someone actually joining mid-season and not leaving!! So welcome @Dizzyfeet who actually joined with only 3 games remaining for this round. He therefore gives @Upsidedownsaint a reprieve by winning his first :wooden_spoon:

@Goatboy had a stellar points week with 6 results predicted, 4 exact, giving his a 3.5 point lead over @Polski_Filip and his first :chapeau_jeune: of the season…

@Dizzyfeet’s inclusion means that @PhilippineSaint is no longer bottom of the league, he is now a clear 24 points ahead of that place.

@JxgrSaint loses his place at the top of the league with Sotonian’s own cleaner moving up 5 places to take the top spot, I manage to fall down two more more places.

2 Likes

Damn Bob, you must be really shit to have dropped below me…

1 Like

Well that’s better support predicting from us all this week :-

Just shows what a shit result it was.

4 Likes

1 Like

Started well for @Polski_Filip the rest of us were true to form.

Wtf happened!

Insane!

2 Likes

Doesn’t include our game though - which I got right :man_facepalming:

It does now

All of you who gained points for predicting a defeat for our brave boys this afternoon are treacherous CUNTS.

3 Likes

Oh come on.
It always used to work ffs.
Pick Superbru defeat.
Captain Lukaku or whoever.
Always worked.
And would have today without JWPs brain fart

1 Like

@Polski_Filip is best this week

I managed to make some ground up.

Even by my own standards that’s a shocking week for me!

2 Likes

I did my best to keep you company this week.

Round 6 - We’re shiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttt ahh

So seems as @PhilippineSaint is trying to steal my thunder without any amusing quips and observations I guess I should do it for Round 6 which, quite frankly, was an embarrassment to all of us!

@Numptyboi gets the :chapeau_jeune: by predicting 4 results (four) only. Fair enough he got 3 spot on but 4 results only, very poor!! @Saint-Rob come second with 5 results, only 1 spot on, and gets the only slam point!! Our new joiner, @Dizzyfeet, get’s 4 outcomes to finish 3rd.

@JxgrSaint is the worst of the people who only predicted 1 outcome, his prediction being close, well done @JxgrSaint have a :wooden_spoon:

the leaderboard has @Polski_Filip leap frog 2 places to replace @Goatboy at the pinnacle, few other movers and shakers with @Dizzyfeet remaining at the bottom but that is a false position…

Here’s a leaderboard since @Dizzyfeet joined

2 Likes

The ‘Dizzyfeet Epoch’… like it!

I’m comin’ for ya all!!

2 Likes

Very poor? Moi? I shall look forward to wearing the cap for two whole weeks.