:uefa_logo:⚽ Superbru - Euro 2020 Predictor

Best finish making my selections I guess

1 Like

Early round selections done.

Scores chosen at “random” / generally by preferred strip colour to see how badly I fare against the form followers.

Mrs C_S tends to do quite well in sweepstakes using this process- Am sure I’ll prove her wrong :+1:

1 Like

Round 1 - Congrats to the newbie and late entrant

Well that’s the first round of Euro 2020 matches out of the way so we have the Round 1 results for the Superbru Euro 2020 predictor.

Congrats go to competition newbie and late entrant @Rugbysaint who pipped @PhilippineSaint and myself at the post to claim this round’s :chapeau_jeune:, both @PhilippineSaint and myself were sitting pretty at the top before last night’s bore fest, however @Rugbysaint predicted that France would win 1-0 so replaced us at the top

Good to see that @TheMightyOstrich has brought his Premier League form into the Euros, he just doesn’t want to let those :wooden_spoon:s go does he…

2 Likes

It must be a gift to be so consistent :wink:

4 Likes

I will take this after 2 rounds and it appears TMO has got to keep the wooden spoon for services to being the best at being last.

A saintsesque performance by @litsl there

You KNOW I use logic when predicting footie scores!

1 Like

Oh dear @Polski_Filip and @DellBoy, best get those predictions in quick

Round 2 - A Good Round for @PhilippineSaint

Congrats to @PhilippineSaint for his predicting prowess, 4 close and 3 exact from 12 games, pips the forum youngster, @SimplySaint, to this round’s :chapeau_jeune:

Poor performance from the forum’s heptadecagenarian see’s him grab the :wooden_spoon:, whilst he predicted 5 results he wasn’t as accurate as @Cobham-Saint who only got 4 results!!

Leaderboard sees @PhilippineSaint replace @Rugbysaint at the top, @TheMightyOstrich is in his normal place

Congrats @PhilippineSaint, I had a mare that round. :sob::clap:t4:

1 Like

We dont see this very often

And back to normal

2 Likes

Round 3 - Same old, same old

Round 3 and many, many good predictions but we have the same :chapeau_jeune: as last week, @PhilippineSaint, and the same :wooden_spoon:, @lifeintheslowlane

The English weather is obviously suiting @PhilippineSaint’s cognitive abilities as he predicted 8 results, 4 close and 2 correct, to earn 17 points.

@Cobham-Saint and @JxgrSaint also predicted 8 outcomes correctly, just not a closely as @PhilippineSaint

Somehow, despite @lifeintheslowlane’s attempts, @TheMightyOstrich is still at the bottom of the leaderboard…

1 Like

I am three correct predictions in the lead.
Commentators curse
An insurmountable winning position :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

@lifeintheslowlane not looking for the wooden spoon this round equal top after the first 2 games.

1 Like

I appear to have extended the lead at the top to 11.5 points after the first two games of the round of 16.

Yes, there was much chunttering in the Carrot household this morning about “how can @PhilippineSaint be so fucking jammy … Italy haven’t conceded all tournament and Austria couldn’t hit a cow’s arse with a banjo. What made him go for 2-1 ???” Then Mrs SCD says (in all innocence) … is there some kind of prize for this predictor thing you’re doing ? At which point there is raised eyebrows, harumphing and muttering under breath. Women … they just don’t get it do they ?

5 Likes

After 4 matches LITSL still at the top with @Upsidedownsaint plummeting like a stone with a Quack Quack

Round of 16 - @lifeintheslowlane has his mojo back

After a disappointing couple of rounds where he has had his hands gripping the :wooden_spoon: @lifeintheslowlane has put in a (less than) stellar performance and also being ably abetted by some strange results he wins this week’s :chapeau_jeune: :clap: :clap:

@Goatboy managed to predict 2 results out of 8 games so takes that :wooden_spoon: off of @lifeintheslowlane

Funnily enough, despite not being shit this week, @TheMightyOstrich still is at the foot of the Superbru table, a badge must be made in recognition of his ongoing Superbru shiteness… @PhilippineSaint still leads the pack, in fact he has even extended his lead, will he be caught in the next 8 games or so…