Summer 2017 transfer window

Would love to get him, but only with a set fee clause. No point developing a player that we don’t even see a profit on.

Sandro Ramirez has been linked(€5m buyout clause) and looks right for Puel. Also that one in Turkey. The striker, not Bruma although he’d be a great addition(need a left sided winger/forward next season, as i’m hoping Boufal moves to the middle and we sell Tadic).

I’m looking forward to this transfer window. Think we’ll do well out of it. Puel’s only buy(not really, free transfer) is Pied and he looked very good(first game for a season), so with his record(assuming he stays) it looks good.

1 Like

One would hope Les Reed has learned from the Toby saga about the complexities of the loan system and getting things tied up properly :lou_lol:

I suppose it depends if City are looking to loan him out for his development or on an ‘option to buy’ deal. I would of thought the latter otherwise why not just keep him. He seems to be developing quite nicely anyway.

I hate this time of year. Every summer I promise myself I’m not going to get too fixated with the daily transfer rumour sideshow but it’s hard not to. As the window goes on it becomes all consuming, even knowing that 99% of it is horseshit.

It’s good to be posting about incoming rumours rather than outgoing ones anyway :lou_wink_2:

2 Likes

Clasie to Lazio?

If Claude stays then I can definitely see that happening. They were linked with him when we brought him in from Holland.

Other than that, the usual boring VVD to Liverpool (and very occasionally Chelsea) rumours are run and then re-run everyday.

The summer exodus begins with Saints, yet again, failing to hang on to important players. Why has this been allowed to happen - especially as he is going to one our major rivals

7 Likes

I can see this move coming back to haunt us…this leaves us cruelly exposted at the back. If we are looking to recruit someone of equal standing it could empty the transfer coffer.

Madness. :lou_angry:

3 Likes

Some rumours about that Aaron Mooy lad from Citeh that played for Huddersfield.

Looked like a crowd pleaser - lots of running around & effort

Stekelenburg, Martina?

Ronald beats off competition from Chelsea and Man City once again…

13 Likes

Saints pocketed £122m from the PL this season. Sweet. Should pay for a player or two.

Stephens saying all the right things by my reckoning in the Echo today. Keep the squad together and catch Everton

2 Likes

Rumours of West Ham sniffing around Tadic? Don’t really want to see him go, even if he’s not been at his best this season and threw his little prima-donna strop, I still think he has plenty to offer us. Sounds like he’s not really got on well with his immediate superiors this season if the whispers are to be believed (though no excuse to behave like a spoiled little five-year-old)!

I think he’ll be the first out the door personally Rob(sorry). He’s getting on now, inconsistent and stroppy. Time to cash in and move on. Italy would be nice.

If we bring in a left sided attacker(Bruma?) with pace(Bruma?), skill(Bruma?) a desire to run at the opposition(Bruma?) and a willingness to shoot(Bruma?) we won’t miss what’s his name at all.

2 Likes

No need to apologise!! If he goes and we get a decent sum for him I won’t complain, especially if it’s to Italy or the kind. I’m a little tired of our players going to the teams around us though, so if it’s not abroad I’d rather he stayed in red and white stripes.

Like your suggestion on his replacement though!

1 Like

It’s time to sweep the deadwood out of the club with a new Bruma (broom)

Broom! Broom! I knew there’s a Basil Brush joke in there somewhere.

You wanker @fatso see what you’ve reduced me to?

3 Likes

Some might say he’s been _brooming* _you…

*Is ‘brooming’ close enough to ‘grooming’ to be obvious? I suppose if I have to ask I’ve answered my own question. Carry on.

2 Likes

Christ, is it really THAT long?!?

There’s a rumour about Long now?

Shut your little bone-chute!

https://twitter.com/MatthewLeGod/status/871689695855599616

1 Like