Stuart Armstrong - Official

Thought this deserved its own thread :-

1 Like

Confirmed - Saints sign Stuart Armstrong

3 Likes

I know nothing about him other than what I’ve read recently. He seems like the sort of player we need so let’s hope he’s not shit.

5 Likes

He sounds really well spoken and educated. Probably ‘reads the Guardian’.

£7m?
I know he only had 11 months left of his contract, but £7m?
He’s fucking brilliant according to this(ignore the time & space he’s allowed) and only £7m!

Also, for those with a long memory, i mentioned a long time ago(hence the memory bit) that the accompanying music is important.
That’s absolute proof then😁

1 Like

Last few Celtic buys have been alright, like.

He looks like he should be on The Apprentice pitching a ‘disruptive’ recruitment app.

4 Likes

I’ve had a look at the vid. I like the look of him.

Goes without saying that he’s going to face more resilient defences, but what I like about him is his shot placement. Almost every goal in the corners.

Fraser is going to hate training with him.

2 Likes

Took the words out of my mouth, @pap.

Every goal looked like a replay of every other goal. He won’t have the same time on the ball in the Prem and he won’t get the same space to run in late, but if he puts the ball in the corner with every shot he’ll score a few.

2 Likes

Now THIS is quality by Saints
(Back story - Saints fans were quoting the Celtic Armstrong song on Twitter. Celtic Foundation said “Oi we demand Royalties” with smiley faces. Saints duly paid them via a donation)

4 Likes

Adam Blackmore interview with the new mush

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06c4npr

1 Like

This signing has proven beyond all doubt, what a colossal bunch of fuckwits inhabit fiver mountain.

2 Likes

Don’t, I’m now going to have to go over there to see what they’re saying.

Basically they have got the hump because we missed out on a £25m championship player and signed a £7m player who they regard as championship quality.

Go figure

3 Likes

Is Stuart Armstrong the first Armstrong to play for Saints since David Armstrong?

Now there was a player. There was a man.

Hewn from an age when balding men did not shave their remaining hair off, even if they were ginger.

Simpler times.

3 Likes

Ok signing, not what we need according to this correspondent.

The exact reason I don’t read the comments section of the Echo articles. What a numpty.

1 Like

:lou_facepalm_2: :lou_facepalm_2: :lou_facepalm_2: :lou_facepalm_2: :lou_facepalm_2: :lou_facepalm_2: