:netflix::prime_video_logo: Streaming Recommendations

Reactions to it are hilarious.
Some who may never have watched Eurovision simply woosh and it’s the worst thing they’ve ever tried to watch.
My Daughter & SiL watched it last night knowing it would be awful and there are wine stains on the tablet screen & the simple comment back was BRILLIANT!

40th Anniversary of Airplane this month

The Old Guard is well worth a watch.

Charlize Theron leads a team of immortals as a new member comes on board. I enjoyed it a lot. Seemed to have the right balance of characterisation and action.

I have to concur with the others who recommended “Da 5 Bloods” :+1: :+1: :+1:

Ladyslowlane and I watched it last night and we both though it a great film, really enjoyed it.

3 Likes

Had nothing but “good shout” from everyone I recommended it to.

In comparison to Fire Saga. Half have said that was utter shit and half have said it was the most stupidly perfectly idiotic film they’d seen all year and had loved it.
Taste eh?

tbh watching a vid of @saintbletch op would be more fun than watching another England collapse this afternoon

1 Like

I showed the video to the wife, she said she thought it would be longer.

2 Likes

So she’s disappointed with the result then?

With or without ad breaks?

Was it less than the usual 6 seconds then?

Wow.
Apple TV for you lot.
Greyhound.
Wow.
No character building just Tom Hanks Captaining a Destroyer on WWII Convoy Duy.
This is a Naval Battle film up close.
Stunning visuals, claustrophobic.
Superb War Movie In fact I’d go so far as to say it’s like the old Sunday afternoon War movies from the 50’s with the likes of Jack Hawkins and other legendary British actors.

11/10 for realism, but mainly nostalgia. As in a war movie with no graphic gore and all the better for it. What those Navy & Merchant Marine types went through on the Convoys.

Yeah my FiL was torpedoed twice in the Med and survived the North Sea Convoys on merchant ships.

1 Like

OMG.
I cannot believe I remembered a War Movie with Jack Hawkins after watching Greyhound last night. I just couldn’t remember the title nor the names of famous actors who were in it.

The Cruel Sea obviously. Even read the book for a history project
Once in a generation a Sea Saga comes along. Well there you go

Dark. Brilliant German show. Available on subtitled or dubbed.

The basic premise is that a load of people go missing from a town and are presumed murdered. They’re mostly not.

Most of them have been spirited away to another time. This show plays with that concept beautifully

A thinking man’s Back to the Future.

Ozark: I know it’s been mentioned before, but I have just finished S3. Best season yet, really came alive, and the final two episodes were both worthy of a season-ender.

1 Like

I am totally stuck mid series 2 just dull dull dull

2 Likes

The only disappointment I felt with Old Guard was the realisation at the end that it was a film and not the pilot for a series :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Yeah, I echo this thought, definitely seemed to be a movie trailer for a series.

Although I was disappointed with some aspects of the story, that is a Chemical company has a tower block in the middle of London where they develop drugs (o’rly) and they have their own private security firm dressed in full on war gear, and automatic weapons and everything (o’rly).

Hmmm.
Cursed is not shit.
More after Ep 2

OK. So Cursed is a prequel to the tales of King Arthur. Seems only Sword & Sorcery shows got made of late.
It claims to be the story (no not a spoiler as it is the opening title sequence) of The Lady of the Lake.
It is clearly modern. Diversity has run “throughout”
A young brunette early edition Adele as the hero. Arthur is clearly from Dorne in GoT and other nuances.
That apart. They make Snowdonia & Virginia Water appear magical.
Ep 1 gets straight in to it, Ep2 fleshes out a bit of Katie Langhorn (playing Adele) and I’m not bored.
Bit of gore shows it isn’t PG and I do believe I have something other than old movies to watch
Must keep an eye open for Merlin. Must spend a lot of time on our Gargantuan Thread.
He has potential but a bit of work to sober him up enough to join the party

Did not see snogging Nuns coming…