Star Wars : Rogue One

It had a Death Star.

That’s enough surely?

It had a Death Star.

That’s enough surely?

go for it

ok, this is gonna be fairly short but to the point.

I liked the robot, brought some levity to proceedings.

I liked max strength Vader destroying rebel troops, that scene worked for me even if it wasn’t really relevant to the plot but as a spectacle I liked it more than the climactic space battle, and that was pretty impressive.

Are you interested in what wasn’t as memorable? as that will be a longer post.

The best “new” Star Wars film by a long long way, explains the plotholes of previous films and shows a side to the Empire not seen before (Mikkelsen and Mendelsohn drinking with family), another death star film but ones where the allies die not all of them but won’t give too much away.

1 Like

Would’ve been nice to spend more time with mikkelsen’s character, he was under utilised I reckon.

He was but fans want back stories but day trippers want action, its difficult to get it right I suppose.

Thanks chaps

It’ gonna be a game about drinking and Death Stars now isn’ t it

1 Like

This has been the best ‘new’ movie by some distance. They’d be much better off doing these side stories than coming up with convaluted ways of extending the main story.

Solo is out in May, I’m not as keen on this one as I was on Rogue One.

I’ve watched Rogue One a couple of times when I’ve stumbled on it on Sky, I still enjoy it.

1 Like

The casting of Solo makes or break it for me.

Rogue One is the best film since Empire, no doubt at all, its real in the sense no one wins (although thats now been Disneyfied), just regular people dying for control, brilliant film and probably seen it 20 years.

1 Like