Star Wars : Rogue One

1 Like

Well thatā€™s Darthā€™s love interest sorted. She is used to shagging men with robotic voices.

1 Like

Oh, mis-read that.

Thought you said Rouge rather Rogue

Thought for a moment there was going to be a mash-up of Red Dwarf and Star Wars.

Now, that I would pay to see.

This is looking more like it, the last showing was absolute shit and in my humble probably the worst of the 7 so far.

Artoo says that the chances of that being true are 725 to 1.

Actually Artoo has been known to make mistakesā€¦

From time to timeā€¦

3 Likes

This looks mighty fine :slight_smile: very excited for this as it opens the whole universe up. The cinematography looks fantastic.

There is a teeny tiny part of me that is disappointed that Darth is in this at all. It should stand alone. Smacks of Ted Danson appearing in the first episode Frasier.

Thats an obscure thing to say but I stand by it

6 Likes

You know whatā€™s missing? A Superclub!! Nights out in Endor were much betterā€¦

2 Likes

Following our trip to Celebration in the summer and sitting through the Rebels panel with my middlest ofspring Iā€™ve watched teh whole of Star Wars rebels on kiss cartoon. Have to say its actually bloody good and worth a watch for anyone interested in that sort of thing.

1 Like

Itā€™s out!

I was going to zoom out tonight, but the missus reminded me that Juvy #1 is back soon. She wants to see it, so we shall wait, and that, my friends, is a true display of parental love :lou_lol:

2 Likes

Nerd alert. That would be Death Star MkII that sheā€™s talking about.

Went to see Rogue One on Staurday afternoon with the mother of all hangovers. It was so good Iā€™d almost forgotten the hangover by the end. Think I might have to sneak out to see it again before Xmas.

1 Like

Saw Rogue One yesterday, with the son, thought it was a bit of a slow burner that ended supremely well. Iā€™m a big fan!!

This bloke though seems to be nit picking for the sake of nit picking.

Donā€™t read the link if you havenā€™t seen the film, it contains spoilers that would, errrm, spoil the movie for you.

This is what happens when you try to over think films - just sit back and enjoy them

2 Likes

Exactly CB

He doesnā€™t seem to mind that in a New Hope Luke went from a moisture farmer with no force training, to a fully qualified X-Wing pilot with a fair modicum of force skills who manges to blow up the Stardust project in a couple of days as he puts it!

SPOILERS

I found this an interesting report on how they recreated some well-known actors in the film. For me, the renditions werenā€™t great (particularly the final appearance, which I found jarring) but it is interesting nonetheless.

5 Likes

This has been out for home viewing for awhile. Iā€™ve seen it again, and find myself admiring it a lot. Even bits that the RedLetterMedia review thought were weak, such as character development, look a lot better on a second viewing.

Itā€™s actually pretty simple, effective stuff. Jin is someone forced to confront an aspect of her past, and gets to find out what happened to her father. The bastard of a resistance fighter gets to do something he actually believes in. Robots can be finickity and cool at the same time.

Iā€™m also nowhere near as cynical about the fan service that links this into New Hope. For the most part, itā€™s very well done.

That final battle? Wow. Probably the best Star Wars action stuff ever done, and I say that as a huge fan of the climax of RoTJ.

1 Like

Working on something with a friend, and need to know a bit about this film.

About to watch it myself. This will be the first time Iā€™ve watched a Star Wars film since I was at school, and even then I only watched that as it was part of the curriculum.

For fans of the franchise/film:

What about this film did you like?

Were there any particular scenes that really stood out?

Are you keen to know before youā€™ve watched it? i.e. happy for spoilers and whatnot?