🏏 🇱🇰 Sri Lanka v England and Wales :engerland:

How come you never hear the Welsh moaning about the England and Welsh Cricket team only being called the England team?

Nope dropped.
Lengthy explanation on beeb web winning team balance etc

1 Like

Perera to Rashid, OUT , spinning and straightening, Rashid is trapped in the crease - that’s out! S Ravi’s finger goes up, only for Rashid to ask for a review , but I’d be surprised if he gets away with this… He doesn’t, Hawk-Eye has it hitting middle stump, Tom Thumb! Similar to Stokes’ dismissal, in that he probably should have been forward. Dilruwan gets his third, SL just two away from wrapping up the innings now

AU Rashid lbw b Perera 31 (52b 2x4 1x6) SR: 59.61

223-8 now

Leach out, beautiful ball from the bowler that took an outside edge to short leg.

225-9

Anderson survives an LBW call as well, given not out on review.

Curran hits thirteen off an over - two sixes and single to keep the strike. Brilliant stuff.

2 Likes

Curran survives a stumping, by millimetres, and then twats the next ball into India!!

1 Like

Curran 50 up with another 6

270-9

1 Like

And I didnt think we would make 250

1 Like

What is Andersons highest score?

Top score of 81 but a batting average of 9.82

1 Like

Curran dropped in the deep from an easy chance. Even Forster would have caught that one…

Next ball smacked for another 6, 50 partnership up.

Currab just equalled Pietersen’s record of most 6s in a test innings by an England (and Wales) cricketer.

1 Like

Curran gone for 64, trying to hit another 6, doesn’t get all of it and is caught in the deep.

285 all out

Sri Lanka have 12 overs to survive this evening.

1 Like

Kaushal gone for 6, beautiful bowling from Leach.

22-1

2 Likes

Stumps Sri Lanka 26-1, trail by 259 runs.

2 Likes

Curran’s turning into something of a phenomenon, isn’t he?

2 Likes

Did I ever mention he has scored a 6 in a Test Match AND I saw it!!

:slight_smile:

That seems a damned fine effort again, hard to see how Woakes / Broad will get back into the team on this tour only real issue is Moeen bowls more his batting gets worse. He bats more his bowling gets worse.

Its 88-2 after the second mornings session we need to spin it better or Hoy it at there heeds and frighten them.

165 - 5 not a bad morning for England.

Let me change that

165 - 6

A better morning for England