:pl: :saints: Southampton v Wolverhampton Wanderers :wolvesfc: (Live on :prime_video_logo: )

:saints: v :wolvesfc:

Moved to the Sunday because of FA Cup fixture, now live on :prime_video_logo:

Second meeting in just under 4 days, can Saints do the league double over Wolves after taming them in the Cup??

• Lawro knows nuffink, Danny Ings, esquire is back on form and will score the winner, :saints: to win
  • Lawro is da bomb, :wolvesfc: are a different beast than that faced on Thursday, :wolvesfc: to win
  • Gao out
  • This has draw written all over it
  • Stretch and Redz to strut their stuff and pull the fangs of :wolvesfc:, :saints: to win easily

0 voters

Thank fuck a game not on BT Sport for a change.

3 Likes

Another clean sheet for Fraser Forster tonight. With McCarthy ballsing up last week and conceding nine before that his confidence might be low.

So does Forster get the nod for this one?

1 Like

Ohh I’ll watch this as I’ll be scrubbing my spuds and cleaning my carrot for the spit roast.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Have you been taking cooking tips form Nigella?

8 Likes

Not according to Ralph (if Barry allows me to call him by his first name) in yesterdays presser.

He prefer’s Ralphybaby or Ralphomundo.

Stop it, I’m wearing a clean pair of jeans.

1 Like

She’s not that scary is she?

1 Like

She can coddle my eggs anytime.

1 Like

This is a euphemism for something isn’t it?

1 Like

It’s a single-entendre.

1 Like

All credit to our Sport Science team for serving Baked Beans on Weetabix to our lads for lunch today

2 Likes

And they said “If you don’t win you’ll get that on Sunday”

3 Likes

The Twatter thread is a joy tbh. :+1:

All is well with the world.

Lawro has us down for another home defeat and somebody known as passenger has us for a draw.

Southampton v Wolves (12:00 GMT)

Southampton keep on losing in the League, where they have now suffered five defeats in a row, but they did win at Wolves in the FA Cup on Thursday.

Saints manager Ralph Hasenhuttl spoke about needing to find a “reset” button after they were beaten 3-2 at Newcastle last weekend but, as they begin to get some of their injured players back, they are bound to improve.

Wolves were on a bad run themselves until the end of January, but they responded by beating Arsenal and drawing with Leicester before losing to Saints in midweek.

Nuno Espirito Santo made a lot of changes for that tie, however. Wolves will be at full strength at St Mary’s Stadium, and I think they will go home with the points.

Lawro’s prediction: 0-1

Mike’s prediction: I feel for Southampton and I hope they get something here. 2-2

I agree Forster had a decent game but my bet is we’ll stick with McCarthy. Likewise Salisu. Encouraging, but not up to speed and has mistakes in him.

Mccarthy
KWP Bednarek Vestergaard Bertrand
JWP Romeu
Armstrong Minamino
Ings Adams

Djenepo if Armstrong not up to another start.

4 Likes

I fancy us to win this. Although we weren’t brilliant yesterday evening we were more like our old selves. We still missed those racking diagonals from Vest so we will get those back on Sunday. Danny hopefully has broken his curse and will go on another goal scoring run. Hopefully Che will get a start. I know he has inherited Shlong’s dodgy finishing, but he is strong on the ball and his link up play is excellent. Stu too makes such a difference when he is playing well. For the first time Tella looked the part and it he can repeat that cameo from the bench it will be a big help for the last 15.

1 Like