:pl: :saintsfc: Southampton v Man City :mancityfc: (Live on :prime_video_logo:)

:saintsfc: v :mancityfc:

Mike Dean will be dishing out his xmas cards at this one, in which case the Fulham away game on Boxing Day would seem to be the best one for Oriel to miss due to suspension.

4 Likes

I think we may run out of steam.
Ings & Armstrong on the bench perhaps
Has Shane Long been Salisu’d?

They had an extra day of recovery, but have had more games.
Could this be another upset with Citeh sneaking an unexpected point?

1 Like

This was one I had initially down as a draw but with the Gooners snatching a point I feel we will score early then hold out at the beginning of the second half to come back and add a second late on as city are pushing forward for an equalizer.

For match summary please see above :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s about time we gave someone a good, hard tonking, might as well be Citeh.

4-1

2 Likes

You eating Cherries? Or did someone send you their left over Sloes?

I reckon at some point there will definitely be a dicking dished out. Not sure it will be this saturday though.

Its Ok chaps we will win this one.
Lawro says so.
Cunt that he is has gone for an away win.

Southampton v Man City (15:00 GMT)

Manchester City looked pedestrian at times in Tuesday’s draw with West Brom, which is very unlike them. There was no kind of zip to their attack, and it was too easy to stop them.

Southampton also picked up a point in midweek, at Arsenal on Wednesday, and they might be a bit disappointed with that too, seeing as they took the lead and the Gunners played most of the second half with 10 men.
Saints beat City the last time they came to St Mary’s, in July, and only Liverpool have a better home record than Ralph Hasenhuttl’s side this season.

But I am still going with City to come out on top, if Sergio Aguero returns up front.

I don’t know why Aguero has not been starting games recently if he has been fit enough to be on the bench, but he will end their scoring problems if he plays.

I know he missed the Manchester derby because he wasn’t well but he only played the last 15 minutes or so against the Baggies.

I get that Pep Guardiola might be thinking he needs to look after him, for the long term, but to me this is the time to chuck him in. They need him because Gabriel Jesus is a good player, but he is not Aguero.

Lawro’s prediction: 0-2

Becky’s prediction: 1-2

Absolutely 100% we will lose.

Probably, but do you know what? This is the first time in years where I’m not worried about losing. Unless we go into a death spiral of losing every game until the end of the season I can’t see us in a relegation scrap. Good times. :+1:

There is a glimmer of hope.
I’ve benched Ings from my FOL team for tomorrow.
(He isn’t quite firing & expect him to only play 45 mins?

I agree, but at the same time it frustrates me that, even when we are good, we always fal down to United, City, Spurs. We can beat tham and should but we wont. I guess that is just who were are.

Ah but the past is clouding your now. Why can’t we do a Leicester? Someone has to, it could very well be us. Caveat I have had 4 pints in the sun :man_facepalming:

6 Likes

On a different note, has Romeu 5 yellows and missing this one?

On another note, Glenn Johnson being asked about Saints going so well this season. He looks like a squirming fish in his seat…oh wait

3 Likes

He is on 4

one of the best nights at st marys last time we beat them. From memory they helped us by an own goal but i may be wrong

He’s on 4 yellows, If he gets a tactical yellow today he will be banned for the Fulham game…