:pl: :saintsfc: Southampton v Leeds :leedsunitedfc: (Live on :sky_logo: Sports)

:saintsfc: v :leedsunitedfc:

• @btripz predicted a draw in the Relegation Run-In thread, so a draw it will be…
  • last 2 games have been 3-1 to the :saints: this will be the same.
  • Dirty :leedsunitedfc: going to lose and get sent back where they belong (© @map-of-tasmania)
  • :leedsunitedfc: rampant after their 4-0 hammering of Burnley, expect the same sort of result as at Elland Road earlier in the season.
  • Bielsa to actually let one go when he’s squatting on the sideline

0 voters

A win here and we send Durty Leeds back where they belong.

1 Like

This post aged well :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My crystal balls area bit cloudy, memory hazy… :mage:

1 Like

Poll added to the OP

Bednarek and Romeu likely to be available

Sorted.

A Lawro says :-

Southampton v Leeds (18:00 BST)

Leeds put on a masterclass against Burnley on Saturday and they are flying at the moment. They are becoming a really good side, and are very difficult to play against.

Like everyone else, Southampton will be glad to have fans back at St Mary’s Stadium but I don’t think they would have picked Leeds to be the visitors.

I’ve been impressed by Nathan Tella for Saints, but Danny Ings is not fit enough to play 90 minutes yet and they are not the same side without him.

Lawro’s prediction: 0-2

Matthew’s prediction: We should beat Southampton, although I think they will score. 1-2

Matthew on what next for Leeds? “Safety was our priority this year, but even when we have lost games we have been able to hold our heads high and say ‘this is just fantastic to watch’. If we were 17th now I might have a different opinion, but this is a unique season in many ways. My outlook is that if you are going to lose 1-0, you might as well lose 5-0 - but go for it, try and get the win. That’s how Bielsa looks at games and I wouldn’t have it any other way under him. I think some other clubs survive every year finishing 16th or 17th and they watch the same dour games every year - 0-0 or 1-0. Yes, they are in the Premier League but do you really enjoy it? I want us to keep doing it differently.”

Don’t ask me who this Matt is, I have no idea…

He sounds like a right jumped up twat whoever he is.

3 Likes

Actor out of the Harry Potter series, played Neville Longbottom

1 Like

Officials for tomorrow… I’m sure Friend could do some damage as the fourth official…

Referee: Peter Bankes
Assistants: Neil Davis, James Mainwaring
Fourth official: Kevin Friend
VAR: David Coote
Assistant VAR: Marc Perry

1 Like

And a Leeds fan obv

2 Likes

Leeds are the best high press team in the EPL.
Burnley walked into their trap when getting spanked last week.
Their direct ball just kept coming back at them.
Tonight we need to be “brave” and on “the front foot” and play through that press to give time for our 2 CB’s to play those raking crossfield balls.
To play out we need to keep the ball, recycle and play it around the back.

Exactly what Saints fans HATE in live games.
GET RID OF IT FFS.
REDMOND YOU TWONK FORWARDS!

Hope the fans understand that. Doubt they will

4 Likes

I won’t understand if Redmond starts.

3 Likes

I expect he will.
Ralph is managing Tella’s game time well, he is still a kid
imho

1 Like

Mine wasn’t a comment about anyone other than Redmond. He has regressed to almost pre-Ralph levels.

He is by far our most frustrating player. He’s got the pace and ability to run at defenders but invariably he slows down any attack he’s involved in, cuts inside 99.9% of the time and plays the back backwards. I know we are all about recycling the ball now but surely that doesn’t always apply when your winger has the ball 1 on 1 with the fullback.

No Ings to start. Interesting.