:saints: :cash: Southampton up for sale

I wish these all associated with football would use the correct terminology so that fans don get all too excited by terms such as ‘investment’ … Too may fans still view this term as some sort of benevolent gift by a wealthy person to a club to do with as they please… sadly (or is that thankfully) the days of wealthy local folks being able to bankroll a club are gone. What we have now given the huge global TV rights, is investors looking for a reasonably quick return (3-5 years). Buy a club for 150mil, and hope you can sell it 3-5 years later for 250mil… often having done no more than own it whilst TV revenues go up and thus artificially inflating the value of their asset… fans seem to expect owners to find a suitable way around FFP and ‘inject or invest more’, but why do that when it just eats into your eventual profit and you have no guarantee of a return on investment?

Its time to recognise that if you want to support a club with Prem status, then that is all any owner is going to do and dont expect the to have any affinity with the club. Your dreams Bazza are broken (so why keep going on about it?)

4 Likes

I still can’t see just what the hell it is that you have against Katharina Liebherr. In what possible way can she be considered a turncoat, or indeed an opportunist?

Her father bought a football club; eighteen months later he was dead; she then inherited said football club. What would you have had her do? Pour endless money (which she clearly hasn’t got anyway) into a football club with which she had no prior connection or affinity? Do you actually think that, having inherited the club, she should feel the same emotional attachment to it that a supporter would? Or even that you do?

10 Likes

Sell it to someone who would benefit the club and not her? Sell it to someone who isn’t her mates dad who’s known to be a dodgy bastard.

It’s those glasses son…

Do you not think it possible that she sold the club to Gao in good faith? I don’t know the ins and outs of it all, but then neither do you.

And how exactly is she a turncoat?

2 Likes

My eyesight is fine with my nice new varifocals thanks. You should try removing the ones that you wear - you know, those ones with dark clouds and pouring rain painted on the insides of the lenses.

2 Likes

Shit-tinted.

9 Likes

I think Barry forgets that a) there are never that many interested parties, and b) she retained 20% precisely to ensure her fathers legacy was respected. Gao was never going to pump in cash, so really not sure what barry was expecting…?

2 Likes

Because she sold to a known deviant.

I don’t forget, she shouldn’t have sold if she cared about the club and she said she did, if she couldn’t shift it last time quite frankly this proves Gaos fucking stupid as the price has gone up and theres less quality on offer, who the fuck would buy us?

If the shit fits wear it.

Oh, Barry.

If only you supported the club with the same passion you reserve for your criticism of it.

You seemingly only show any enjoyment if we either lose or get fucked financially.

It’s not normal mate.

We’re here if you want to chat.

2 Likes

Care to expand on that? :thinking:

My head isn’t in the clouds, thats all, be positive for sure but only if it reflects the situation, does this?

I thought you wanted Gao to sell? Surely this news should make you happy? You seem even more down than usual.

2 Likes

No, happy he’s trying to flog it as it means he’s suffering financially, he won’t be able to sell it mind, who would buy it?

Precisely how does that make him a “deviant”?

A tax deviant.

That’s like calling someone a fraud pervert. :smile::smile:

4 Likes