:saints: :cash: Southampton up for sale

According to the Sunday Times Southampton is up for sale for 250 mill
@Barry-Sanchez will be happy he can ask the new owners if any there five year plan for us.

Link here (behind pay wall)…

Which brings us full circle to worrying about Asset values, and Summer transfer budgets. Just as the planet is about to plunge into a panic induced recession and matches played behind closed doors.
And Yachts at Ocean Village.
Better get the Chardonnay on ice

1 Like

1 Like

MBS apparently wanted to buy Newcastle - we’re £100m cheaper. Who wants to be a vehicle in the culture war on behalf of a repressive, murdery, despotic petro-state?

Me. I do. Kill all the journalists you like but we need some better fucking defenders…

Jk it’d be grim

6 Likes

How about Putin?

Just for the reaction :grin:

I offer £1 And for that they can take Barry Sanchez as well, force him to wear a small loin cloth as he spends the next 30 years as the Gao’s char wallah

The small loon cloth was more apt :grinning:

1 Like

In the period since, Southampton have operated inefficiently in the transfer market.

LOL.

When the emotional needs of the football fan are described in the cold understatement of the finance world.

2 Likes

Good get that cunt out.

Not sure we are worth 250mil… we are really only worth 1 years income… unless you have. 100mil player tucked away somewhere on a 10 year contract… because we are not a cloud secure in the premier league… 150mil tops IMHO

The cupboards bare concerning selling players and retaining premiership status, the cunts work has been done without saying a word.

Lets get real
China is currently battered by Corona virus. GDP revenues and profits plummeting as factories are shut.
Globally the probability of games behind closed doors, fans choosing to stay home and stock markets dropping like stones.
As Bazza states our book value of players when Gao bought us vs today is woeful and we have players burning our income on high salaries out on loan.
And we need a major rebuild in the summer and a transfer budget.

Basically we are fvcked. Other clubs have been up for sale for years and we enter a global recession expecting to get a premium price.

This really is 2 years too late

2 Likes

But because I say it it gets dismissed, I couldn’t be arsed about that, I blame Liebherr for all of this, Gao is a parasite, Liebherr is an opportunist turncoat.

Morrissey lyrics?

2 Likes

Too happy for Morrissey, Leonard Cohen perhaps…

I’ve sent you a pm

1 Like

The Echo’s views.

the Echo understands Saints aren’t actively marketing themselves as up for sale but, as with every football club, are always open to investment.

Which is code for we’re selling.

If Newcastle can’t be sold for £300 Million we’re fucked.