šŸŽ‚ Sotonians milestones

Get well soon KRG. Be nice to the anaesthetist.

1 Like

amazing how sweet I can be to the guy that controls the tramadol supply :lou_wink:

1 Like

This last few weeks has seen my eldest get some impressive GCSE/A level results and the youngest start school. Feel like the oldest bastard in the world when picking him up from reception class. Not sure what has happened in theintervening years since the other two were at school but the mums seem to be various shades of orange, spend the entire time gazing at their phones and prodding them with ridiculous nails. Feel very out of place without a shit tattoo as well. Weā€™ve also caused our son ā€˜totes embarrasmentā€™ by calling him something simple and traditional, and spelt it in the same way. Honestly, when they are calling the kids names out as they file out of class it sounds like someone reading out a fucking Pokedex

3 Likes

I can remember dropping my kids off at school from time to time.

There were a few other dads, but it was mostly mums. They speak this variant of English in which they can speak quickly, at length, but donā€™t seem to be saying anything intelligible. I call it Mumtalk. Itā€™s terrifying.

5 Likes

Either youā€™re going to wake up in 6 months time and the world will be like the Walking Dead or youā€™ll wake up in your own bed and Bobby will be in the shower!

Oh, and stop breaking your ACL.

1 Like

Originally posted by @PhilippineSaint

Originally posted by @KRG

Does a second ACL op in 18 months count? Currently sat in a hospital bed (which is too fucking short) **waiting to go to theatre. **

See you on the other side folks, I hope. Be nice to each other.

I hope that is not the Gaumont?

Hehe, The Gaumont ā€¦ you old cunt !! :lou_lol:

1 Like

Gaumont? Itā€™ll always be ā€œThe Empireā€ to me. :lou_wink_2:

Get well soon Lewis. :lou_lol:

1 Like

Thanks dude.

Iā€™m told all went as well as could be expected. Sat in my (too short) hospital bed, dosed up on tramadol watching netflix with the girl keeping me company.

Hoping to go home tomorrow.

3 Likes

I love those jim jams that open at the back.

1 Like

Just got in from a trip to ā€œthat there Londonā€ā€™(read it in a Scouse accent)

Had a C_S family celebratory meal in Inamo on Wardour St. (def worth a visit if you are in town).

Young Adult #1 bought me that drink & got asked her age. The look on her face was priceless when she pulled out her driving license as proof sheā€™s18.

Trying not to think back to how quickly time has gone since she arrived 18 years agoā€¦

Yep, I paid for the drink btw.

Now to prepare for the party tomorrowā€¦going to be carnage.

4 Likes

Mrs G hit a milestone last week. 30 years service in the NHS.

She is the only member of her nurse training course to still be at Southampton.

And fear not, in their wisdom and generosity the NHS rewards 30 years of service.

She gets 1 day off and Ā£100 to spend (she has to give them the receipt).

I have suggested fags or dildos.

5 Likes

I spent 30 years in the Civil Service drawing mapsā€¦after 30 years you getā€¦fuck all, not even an official thank you.

I say fuck all but as I took early voluntary severence I got a nice pay-off and retirement at the age of 47. :lou_lol:

3 Likes

Can she blow rings out of her gash?

1 Like

Today I am closer to 60 than I am to 30

:lou_sad:

2 Likes

I know that feelingā€¦

I wake up thinking Iā€™m still 16. Then I actually get out of bed and realise Iā€™m not

:lou_sad:

Ha! I remember asking my boss how he was one morning; his answer, ā€œAnother day nearer deathā€. Fred was always a cheery soulā€¦but he was right. :lou_lol:

Me too !! :lou_lol:

You fucking bastards :lou_lol:

I had a little think

I am nearer 70 than 30 :lou_sad:

Hahahaā€¦stress not you wussesā€¦Iā€™m nearer 100 than 30.

Iā€™m just glad to have got this far. :lou_lol:

2 Likes

Me too :lou_sad: