Social Integration is not happening

Uh, oh.

2 Likes

Have Saints banned Christmas?

t

Originally posted by saintbletch

Uh, oh.

https://twitter.com/SouthamptonFC/status/903536153445376001

Hope they remember to do the same for my mum’s birthday - not wish her EidMubarak though. That’d go down like a bacon sarni at a bar mitzvah

Why are we saying Happy BIrthday to a tyrant? What next a statue of Idi Amin next to Ted Bates…

Marketing & merchandising Baz.

the muslim £ is as good as any other.

No way to talk about @cobham-saint mother

3 Likes

There won’t be any room. The space next to Ted is reserved for the statue of Robert E Lee.

1 Like

I’ve deliberately stayed off this thread but after the weekend thought I needed to get a fuck me out of my system.

I run the Dubai Saints FB page. Mainly snippets and beer drinking updates with a very occasional opinion.

Saints have small clusters of fans all over this region and not just ex pats - Lebanon, Egypt Pakistan. We also have some “local” fans.

This past weekend was Eid a religious and Public Holiday for us all.

Everyone down here AND Saints FC official wished everyone Eid Mubarak. And fvck me someone comments that Saints are a Chritian Club in a Christiam country and i should be wishing everyone Happy Easter in SEPTEMBER.

For us Easter doesn’t exist we don’t get anypublic holidays and often don’t even notice it but we always receive (and post) Happy Easter)

What kind of fan gets wound up about wishing 200+ followers across the region a happy holiday?

Rant over

5 Likes

Who says Happy Easter here and means it unless they’re religious?

1 Like

Fair point, and Happy Xmas, Birthday, Halloween, Ending etc…actually saying I want a happy ending is probably the only genuine one tbf

:lou_wink_2:

2 Likes

Me.

Same as when I saw Happy/Merry Christmas. Or wish my Hindu friends happy Diwali, or my Muslim friends happy Eid.

It’s not about whether or not you yourself are religious, it’s just being polite.

2 Likes

I did spot this, and had a little chuckle at some of the comments.

There seemed to be a trope that SFC didn’t bother wishing people a Happy Easter, guessing these folks aren’t going to make much of themselves as internet sleuths

2 Likes

Just say Happy Holidays?
Why be insincere about a bollocks theatre show?

Anyone who says Happy Halloween needs a short sharp throat punch.

6 Likes

What’s the difference?

I am being sincere, just becuase I’m not religious doesn’t mean I can’t hope others enjoy their religious holidays.

2 Likes

Yep I often look at this topic and think the same thing. :lou_wink_2:

2 Likes

Well its bollocks isn’t it?

Why would a Vicar say it when he quite obviously doesn’t believe it?

If he said happy holidays it would be far more succinct.

Well obvs I meant a happy ending to this topic…

:lou_eyes_to_sky:

2 Likes

Why not? Isnt that what integration and tolerance is all about? You can wish people happy Christmas or Easter without believing in it if that is what they do in their culture.

And happy Easter is slightly more succinct than happy holidays :lou_wink:

1 Like

Quality! :smile:

1 Like