Site suggestions and feature requests

I’ve made a couple of changes this evening which should speed things up somewhat. I’m seeing quicker response times now; butler bletch may be kind enough to confirm.

I’ve just tried starting a Fred about livershite 3 times and each time I press post it makes safari (on my iPad) crash. Additionally my hilarious musings are lost.

clearly this is of great detriment to papswebs.

fix it papster.

lou had same problem. Pap: have you got settings <Feminists=OFF>?

1 Like

I’d get that bear, but I just posted about feminism and it worked.

there was no feminist mention in this Fred! It was all bout ie lolerpool.

Can you let me know what iPad/version of Safari you are running? I tested this on my missus’ Air after Lou’s troubles and had no issues.

Air 2 with latest iOS, I’m guessing that means the latest safari? I think that updates with it, though could be wrong on that?

Defo iOS 8.3 though.

I’m still having this issue, but my way round it is to select the forum you want to put the post in first, then enter title and message. For some reason, if you do it in this exact order (while turning anti clockwise twice) it seems to work…

Is there any chance the forum can get better phone integration ? Pretty impossible to post using my iphone, which is all I use

Hi Pap, the forgotten password/password reset feature is not working.

Links opening new tabs.

They all seem to just go straight there meaning I’m having to go back to get back on papsweb etc. Not the end of the world, but a mild irritation.

Unless it’s just something I’m doing wrong?

Yes, I see that. Managed to lock myself out this morning. Am away on business atm and away from my main development PC (laptop time). Will look at this on Thurs. If anyone is locked out as a result of this, please send a msg to @sotonians twitter and I will sort.

Pap, on my laptop (Windows 8, Google Crome) some of the posts on the Cover Us In Glory thread are appearing in the top right hand corner of the screen.

Don’t seem to have the same problem on my ipad

This seems like a lot of work Pap. I suggest you start chaging a fiver for using the forum. You can use my paypal account if you like. I will oversee fiver mountian and you can invoice me for expenses etc.

You should be able to fix that in the option settings of your browser.

This should now be working.

I have fixed this for now. Will put the perma-fix in at the weekend.

PLEASE DO NOT HYPERLINK VIDS - This is what is currently breaking the Covers page. I have to go in and fix them.

Just copy and paste the link. You don’t need to “link” it again.

I know this is totally counter-intuitive as you have to manually link URLs for web pages for them to be clickable. This is, unbelievably, out of the box functionality :frowning:

I get the whole self policing aspect of the site, but how come the thumbs ups are shown by who made them but not the down votes?

What we have here is a clear case of the secret police. If anyone is happy to see that they gave an up vote, surely they should have the wotsits to own their down votes too?

This is a serious post, hence the reason I have not mentioned any funny fruit like bananas, or mentioned booblies in any way.

What this site needs, is fewer and better bearsys.

You brought that on yourself. You changed your name and it came back all over your face. Your face is now covered with the results of your playing around with yourself.

Told ya name changes are bad, m’kay.