Site suggestions and feature requests

I’ve down voted loads of posts! If anyone is downvoting yours, you can probably assume it’s me, Ohio! Usually when you mention women’s breasts. I’m surprised you’d think I’d do any differently.

Downvoting isn’t secret police. It’s just like a minor boo from the sidelines. Reporting you is more serious and I’d never do that to you :slight_smile:

Now I’m feeling bad about my downvoting :frowning: I’m fully expecting revenge thrown my way and a fast slide down the Leaderboard…

I’ve disabled username editing from the member edit page. I’m not averse to people who want to change their username for genuine reasons, but the piss has been taken a wee bit in a way which is detrimental to getting new people to sign up.

People don’t want their identity fucked with, and newcomers aren’t going to be aware of the history between certain posters that helps the rest of us put it in context. No-one’s going to sign up if they think there is a chance of someone assuming their identity and talking a load of shite in their name.

If you want to post a video, just copy the URL and paste it into the body of your post. When you then submit the post, the video will be embedded in it.

What you don’t want to do (with apologies to the Papster for having done it several times and to Dave Merrington for pinching his catchphrase) is click the button to insert a link (the one that looks like three links in a chain), as this apparently knacks things up good and proper.

Originally posted by @Fowllyd

If you want to post a video, just copy the URL and paste it into the body of your post. When you then submit the post, the video will be embedded in it.

What you don’t want to do (with apologies to the Papster for having done it several times and to Dave Merrington for pinching his catchphrase) is click the button to insert a link (the one that looks like three links in a chain, as this apparently knacks things up good and proper.

ah OK, cool. That’s what I’ve been doing anyway…

Pap, I think that is a sensible move and I also think that admin has a point that some of the tags could be off-putting to potential posters. You also make a good point about new posters not being up to speed with TMS style humour or the history between various posters and that this could also be off-putting to new posters. On reflection, maybe some of the more extreme TMS style humour isn’t the best base from which to grow a new forum!

I think that Tokes did the right thing in removing that thread, and I would like to apologise to you, and anyone else who may have been offended, for my contributions to it.

One point that has struck me about the deletion of the thread, however, is the potential problems that could be caused if someone decided, for whatever reason, to delete any or all of the threads they may have started. Would you as site administer be able to get them back again?

I’m away for the next few days, so won’t be able to give an immediate response to any points this may raise.

Originally posted by @Halo-Stickman

I think that Tokes did the right thing in removing that thread, and I would like to apologise to you, and anyone else who may have been offended, for my contributions to it.

Aw, don’t be sad everyone! It was kind of dumb, and probably off putting for a newbies, but even I laughed at Tokes taking over Bearsy’s name! Nothing in comparison to the nasty stalking crap that goes on in the other forum.

Someone has to be the forum bad boy! As much as Papster had to be the boss man. It’s the laws of the universe.

It’s a really bloody difficult balancing act. I’ve got to keep my beautiful muppets happy, and yet at the same time, occasionally do things that may piss them off or make me look like I’ve pulled a moderation stick out of my arse and gone wave-happy.

I have let a lot of shit go. There’s no language filter, and tbh, I probably wasn’t going to delete that thread either. Correctly attributing it to Tokes (and recognising his naughty status) was really my only plan.

2 Likes

Well, I for one think you’re doing a grand job, and prefer the fact there’s an empathetic mod who is keeping an eye on things. Plus I appreciate it’s probably near on a full time job. The atmosphere may appear odd to newcomers, but once you get to know the different characters, it’s actually really very nice and well meaning.

I think someone should do a guide to the characters on Papsweb so newcomers can know who’s usually tongue in cheek, who’s a piss take but overall nice guy. Who uses teenage text talk, but is actually super smart. Then they’ll have a fighting chance. My first month on TMS was a tough induction!

2 Likes

I am ok with what ur doing papington. We realise that on papsweb, threads is promoted democratically, so even minority interest threads about which posters is or is not paedophiles, can end up splashed all over the front page rather than i.e. hidden away in a muppet show subforum where no-one ever goes. We will try to be more careful!

3 Likes

goddamit pap how is this still happening???

Do You Think I Need To Change My Password Pap?

I have changed my password pap, it may have been that having my password as “tokyosamhomosex” was prob not the most difficult code to crack!

2 Likes

Originally posted by @Bearsy

We are not allowed to menton homosex any more bear even in joking. Also the commonly known stuff about you and 14 year old boys might put off new posters. Please behave!

pap! I am orignal Bearsy! Do not listen to this imposter! How is tokyos doing this, i am srs, can’t you check i.e. IP addresses and things or i.e. at least let me know how it’s done so i can do it to i.e. beltch!

Originally posted by @Bearsy

We are not allowed to menton homosex any more bear even in joking. Also the commonly known stuff about you and 14 year old boys might put off new posters. Please behave!

I’m confused again. Are you talking to yourself, or have you been hacked?

yeah i know i have history of japes + i.e. high jinks, like i.e. boy that cried wolf, but half these posts ain’t me, honest!

To prove I am me, I am the one that knows that i.e. you have zero gag reflex and never upchuck no matter what gets stuffed down ur throat. Fake Bearsy would not know confidential details like these! I mean, he will now, but he wouldn’t have before.

Someone help me pls i’m srs

1 Like

i’m even starting to worry that i might have i.e. schizophrenia like i.e. fight club, cos half the fake posts look like the sort of thing i would say, but i have no recollection of saying them.

yrs sincerely

Concerned of Birmingham

Muliple logins?

hey tokyos! is that genuine you or is this about to get really really confusing?

Right, I think this has been sorted. Best guess at present is that things got messed up this morning when at Bear’s request, I changed his name back to Bearsy. That, combined with Toke’s name change to Bearsy yesterday (and I reckon a checked remember me box and a bit of caching), is what I am thinking has happened.

No suggestion of foul play on Toke’s part, but another very good reason to keep usernames fixed for now.

1 Like

Keep it up pap (bet that’s not the first time you’ve heard that), you’re doing a good job.

2 Likes