🔈 Site announcement: Things that we think you should know

Yes and when we shipped you guys Budgie butt

Behave, this is exactly the sort of response we always get from you, isn’t it.

I don’t do the long in depth diatribes casting aspersions left right and centre or quote pseudo intelligent “facts” that suit arguments

So, your earlier post about people muting twats & dickheads was actually aimed at specific people, like me maybe? - not that I then actually start slagging off said muted people. But, your inferences can’t be undone, just like current media. :roll_eyes:

This is getting very sad and silly.

As I said, this is becoming a darker place.

Yes, I flounced of previously largely down to you - yes, you and your posting style. Bletch etc knows and I’m 100% sure you were made aware why.

:roll_eyes:

Oh, don’t bother replying @pap

I can think of worse imports.

I remember working in London in the early 2000s. Australians everywhere, especially around Shepherds Bush. They had their own newspapers and everything. I remember thinking that this was the world’s biggest exchange program.

Great joke about it.

Englishman, Australian and South African are all sat in a bar.

Australian downs his pint, throws the glass up into the air, shoots it with a gun, and says “In Australia, we’re so prepared for drinking that we never have to drink twice from the same glass”.

South African downs his pint, throws his glass up into the air. Shoots it. Says “In South Africa, we make so much glass we never have to drink from the same one twice”

Englishman downs his pint, throw it into the air, shoots the South African and Australian. As they lay dying, he says “In London, we’ve got so many Australians and South Africans we never have to drink with the same ones twice”.

1 Like

Yes, sounds fairly accurate!

1 Like

Being as diplomatic as I can, I disagree.

I think it is exactly this sort of personal rubbish that demeans the overall content of the site.

Very restrained of you and actually that response is quite refreshing- think on that maybe?

This bit, I’m not too sure about - is this an out and out dig at me? If so you’re not covering yourself in glory by actually saying it. Apologies if not.

Is there a reason why you can’t understand that people don’t all think like you, or is it that you get off on pressing people’s buttons?

I don’t think for a second that all people think like me. I’d be quite horrified if that were the case.

I’ve been quite careful to describe a pattern of behaviour I don’t like, never felt it should belong here and given considerable justification as to why.

It is not a dig at you. It’s a dig at the behaviour that you are decrying yourself.

I didn’t want to start a row. Still don’t now, and like Map, I am quite prepared to admit my part in the circumstances you’ve described.

I’m always going to be confrontational. I’m trying not to be hostile. There’s a big difference between the two. Some things need to be confronted. Most things can normally be confronted without hostility.

I don’t know the “ignorers”, but those that got ignored are mostly confrontational, not hostile.

That’s a shame.

There’s only 3 people I’ve got on ignore.

@dinger because of his shit taste in music
@Lurk because he won’t fucking shut up about headphones.
@lifeintheslowlane because I believe he is a vampire.

5 Likes

Liked for the cheekiness rather than any general assent.

Except for your third. I think we’ll find a Nicolas Cage-esque 100 year old photo of @lifeintheslowlane, but he’ll eat us all before we can alert the authorities.

3 Likes

Try 40,000 year old :lou_wink_2:

4 Likes

“Remember when you were young…”

1 Like

‘‘Overhead the pteranondon, hangs motionless upon the air…’’

3 Likes

AAAAWWWWWOOOOOOOOAHHHH…I’m getting the heavy scent of an O positive. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

:laughing:

So we’ll be closing @Bearsy’s long running “When I Saw This …” thread soon.

According to @saintbletch, Discourse gets a bit squiffy after 10k posts which is why we have two musical chain threads.

I don’t think it was designed for people who waffle as much as we do.

We, @pap, we? I blame @Polski_Filip who’s old golf posting activity has turned into “What’s happened in Poland in the last 15 minutes”…

4 Likes

It will be replaced with a Mk2 version, right?

Yeah, I’d imagine so.

2 Likes

For the terminally thick, what does that mean?