Site announcement : edited threads

Deleted the Christmas tunes thread. More than happy for another one ot be created, but I think the intent was to share Christmas tunes in the YouTube style, as we’ve done in other places. The thread was deleted at the OP’s request.

One of the posts on there just wasn’t acceptable, to members, or visitors, as a representative post of Sotonians, basically having a go at disabled people. While I’m all for freedom of speech, I don’t think this is a free expression issue. I just don’t want people arriving on this site and thinking that this sort of thing is what we do, or is encouraged.

4 Likes

Not really editing per se, but I have been beavering away in the background establishing some consistency in our tags.

Changed Gaston thread title from fucks off to does the offs. While we have no swear filter, the general convention is to keep blue language out of thread titles.

We sometimes make exceptions if Barry has gone into a special meltdown.

5 Likes

Taken ownership of the kebab thread and deleted the account that started it.

User wanted to delete their account after one post, but loads of already other people had bundled into the thread.

Didn’t want to kill the contributions made to that point.

1 Like

As your now owner of the Kebab shop where are we all getting our free kebabs from ?

I do not own a kebab shop. I don’t even like donner kebabs. However, I didn’t want all this fine kebab-related knowledge disappearing into the ether because I received a request to delete the account.

No fucking clue as to reason behind someone doing a single post and then wanting to delete entire account. Didn’t ask why, and don’t care.

I miss Stephen :lou_sad:

5 Likes

maybe he got his answer about the best kebab place and was satisfied. I wish my questions were as straight forward and life so easily sorted. Once someone on here has told me why we all exist, I’d like my account deleted.

To eat.

papster, please grant fat stuff his wish.

thank you bletch.

I’d like to say it’s been a pleasure posting with you all but it hasn’t. Your back slapping commie bellendery has been a bore and a drag.

I’ll see you over on SWF from time to time where we can argue endlessly over something that we’ll eventually forget about but continue arguing.

1 Like

Fatso has contributed too much to be entirely removed. I can lock his account. Is that acceptable to all?

fuck you pap! You’ll delete the account!

I can always change the name to Leftso.

A couple of edits to mention this week. First, changed the title of one of the threads to make it sound more neutral.

Second, I locked the turnkey thread. Was never actually happy with it in the first place, but gave it the benefit of the doubt. As soon as unqualified links to turnkey websites started turning up, it got locked. I don’t make you suffer advertising to visit this place; no-one else is going to either.

Good work Pap, reminds me of a great deal I got on confused.com. Wonga lent me the money to get the car and woth their flexible repayment dates, the power is in my hands. I sold my old car on webuyanycar, got the new one on auto trader, put castrol GTX in to protect the engine and give me enhanced performance and then Brian got me the great insurance deal, the 2 for 1 cinema tickets were a fantastic bonus.

4 Likes

This is actually more tragic than when Robert Webb whores himself to advertisers. At least that fucker gets paid.

Hang tough pap.

3 Likes

Originally posted by @Tokyo-Saint

Hang tough pap.

It’s a dirty job but someone’s gotta do it.

(We care a lot)

Had to edit Bear’s post. Ok to say it is “alleged”. Even ok to say that Rolf Harris is a paedophile. He’s been nicked for it. Don’t start naming other people and getting us into trouble.

We all like this place. Use your noodles please.

soz it’s hard to keep track of who is convicted pedophile, and who just looks like pedophile

1 Like