Site announcement : edited threads

Removed Burp’s duplicate post on AirBNB

Changed Furball’s thread title from what it was, which alleged that members of this site wished to sexually assault his wife, to what it is now, Furball’s return.

1 Like

I think “Who Fingered Verbal’s Wife?” would have been a much better title.

and so the whitewashing begins.

1 Like

By tomorrow morning Furbs will have spun this into:

“Jew Hating Labour Leader In Sexual Assault Shocker”-

Corbyn Fingered Online.

1 Like

Locked the Furball’s return thread.

It’s done.

Good move papster except you let that far twat Fatso to have the last word.

Twat.

Fatso, not you.

Well, not completely you.

1 Like

Yes Fatso called me a cunt because the site was not fast enough to put Itiniki’s reply up

before I request the info from Pap

I have always thought BAH meant Benson and Hedges

Originally posted by Pap

Anyone got any objections to closing the thread?

Yes. But only as I did not have the opportunity to respond to Smiler’s post.

If this can get moved there, then great, if not, never mind.

Originally posted by Smiler

If you contribute to a forum then you are pretty much fair game, but that’s where it should end.

Not entirely in agreement. Merely contributing to a forum doesn’t make you “fair game” in my opinion. If you’ve done nothing wrong during your contributions, and offended no-one – then you’re not “fair game” the way I see it.

That is not what happened here though.

Essentially, if you come on to a forum acting like a complete twat, bad mouthing its members, and laying down a slew of nasty comments and defamatory accusations against the people who post there, then you are fair game – and must expect that you are going to face those members you’ve just mouthed off mounting a challenge to the contemptous bullshit you’ve just spouted.

I concede that our ‘assailant’ had long since been slayed, and utterly ran through – yet for as long as the carcass remains, vultures will always be inclined to pick away any tasty morsels that remain. And Furball left plenty.

He brought the entirety of what followed upon himself, by his disgraceful behaviour, and when you start labelling an entire forum as “anti-semitic” without any just cause – you are gonna get fucking hammered.

Twas always thus, and always thus will be. ~ (‘Keating’)

You’re a far twat.

4 Likes

Originally posted by @Jack-Schitt

Originally posted by Pap

Anyone got any objections to closing the thread?

Yes. But only as I did not have the opportunity to respond to Smiler’s post.

If this can get moved there, then great, if not, never mind.

If you contribute to a forum then you are pretty much fair game, but that’s where it should end.

Not entirely in agreement. Merely contributing to a forum doesn’t make you “fair game” in my opinion. If you’ve done nothing wrong during your contributions, and offended no-one – then you’re not “fair game” the way I see it.

That is not what happened here though.

Essentially, if you come on to a forum acting like a complete twat, bad mouthing its members, and laying down a slew of nasty comments and defamatory accusations against the people who post there, then you are fair game – and must expect that you are going to face those members you’ve just mouthed off mounting a challenge to the contemptous bullshit you’ve just spouted.

I concede that our ‘assailant’ had long since been slayed, and utterly ran through – yet for as long as the carcass remains, vultures will always be inclined to pick away any tasty morsels that remain. And Furball left plenty.

He brought the entirety of what followed upon himself, by his disgraceful behaviour, and when you start labelling an entire forum as “anti-semitic” without any just cause – you are gonna get fucking hammered.

Twas always thus, and always thus will be. ~ (‘Keating’)

Yo you and I obviously have different definitions of “fair game”. I prefer my understanding (taken from the Oxford dictionary) :

“A person or thing that is considered a reasonable target for criticism, exploitation, or attack:”

eg “when it came to practical jokes, he regarded anybody as fair game”

Note the word REASONABLE.

If you still don’t get my point, then fair enough. If the abuse had remained directed at him rather than at his wife, I wouldn’t have felt the need to comment.

If you still don’t get my point, then fair enough. If the abuse had remained directed at him rather than at his wife, I wouldn’t have felt the need to comment.

I got your point just fine my friend. As I said, I was “not entirely” in agreement with you. I was not dismissing what you said out of hand. :lou_smiley:

I do agree with you that enough was enough, and that it was time to stop.

I just felt that his own behaviour (effectively using his wife, and her alleged completely overboard meltdown as a weapon against us) was sufficiently out of order that he deserved that which came back around his way, is all.

The thread was closed for a reason

Originally posted by @Fatso

because you called me a cunt you cunt :lou_lol:

Yes, Pap sent me a message saying he felt it was a fitting end to the thread. He said he was going to make me a “Truth-teller” badge and give me 100 points.

3 Likes

Originally posted by @Fatso

Obviously, or it would still be open. :lou_wink_2:

Edited the What are you Listening to thread as someone ('slowlane) had made the YouTube link BOLD.

If you do this, the text in the thread from that point forward is all bold.

Oh right so it’s my fault! See if I care I’m just a

…for forum software shortcomings. :lou_facepalm_2:

2 Likes

:lou_sad:

1 Like

One thing that was perhaps missed in this was the fact that we may no longer see our furry friend anywhere. I feel sorriest for the people on TSW. They don’t even know it has happened, a bit like an off-screen death in some distant corner of Westeros. Worse, they don’t actually have any closure.

The usual ceremonies that allow everyone to cope with such a loss just aren’t available. No blaze of glory banning from the mods, no obit thread, just slipped out of forum existence, presumably never to return. What happens to everyone else?

It’s those you leave behind that are hurt the most.

1 Like