Site announcement : edited threads

Originally posted by @saintbletch

That’s what happens when you put absolute power into the hands of a complete twat.

I would suggest that you could edit the post yourself, but I bet some complete twat has already quoted it.

More than anything else bletch, didn’t our Lone Wolf moan at you for editing posts in the past? Can’t win, can ya mush?

1 Like

I’m just trying to live by the rules. Even the lone wolf needs to have some sort of ordered society in which to operate.

3 Likes

Added embed tags to “Sotonians Musical Chain” and “What Are You Listening To?”

Re-categorised the Saints vs Man Utd thread and clarified title.

Deleted some duplicate threads that appear to have been created by Mr Bulsara in error.

ant, apologies, but your post suggesting that Mr Bulsara drink bleach was collateral damage.

Please feel free to re-offer your drinking advice so that I might like it.

2 Likes

Edit Gay Abandon’s entry on the What are you listening to? thread.

He linked to the video instead of just pasting its URL.

Feel free to send a private message to Gay Abandon ripping him a new arsehole *.

Also edited WD Folly’s entry on the same thread (in error).

* No pun intended.

I have been editing Barry Sanchez’s topics and threads for clarity.

“If we live in or want to live in an equal society”

changed to:-

Barry Sanchez asks “should fat people pay more for clothes”?

In the classic, oh fuck, we’re not all cunts stylee :lou_smiley:

Also recategorised as Monkey Tennis.

1 Like

hey? what you talkin’ bout Willis?

Hi Gay Abandon, when you want to post a link to a video, you simply paste the link, as text, in the editor.

DO NOT CREATE A LINK to the video. And DO NOT (as you did) add an image and create a link to the video in the image url field. (That’s wrong. Just wrong).

So if I wanted to include a YouTube video in my post below, I’d do this.

1. Go to YouTube and find the video you want.

1. Click on the Share icon and get a short link to the video…

1. Then simply paste that text into the editor as I will do below.

NOTE I haven’t linked to the video URL. I haven’t inserted an image and used the URL there. I simply included the URL in the text of my post and pap’s genius does the rest.

May I be so bold as to ask why is so wrong?

NB. I am still Cracked Rib for now - so please address me correctly.

If you post a link to the video (instead of just pasting the text of the link), it creates a minor tear in the fabric of spacetime.

Whilst this is only a small tear in a vast universe of universes, it manages to allow a small, brown smell to enter Sotonians.com.

And we don’t like brown.

That, and it fucks up the display of all the posts on a page after the offending post.

I dont know what i dont know.

What, you egg? Young fry of treachery! Edit my post, would you? Why, I oughta…

Not sure i believe you on this, you have been known to tell tall tales. I wrote a letter (that thing where you use a pen to write to someone on paper and send it in an envelope through the post) to Professor Hawking asking if the Bletch YouTube post tear in SpaceTime continuum theory had any credence or mathematical proof).

He responded this morning and I quote ‘‘It’s total and utter bollocks. In fact it could not be more bollocks if it came wrapped in a soft leather sack and was swinging between the hind legs of a donkey’’

He went on to suggest that the small brown smell was most likely Bazza Sanchez.

Cracked Rib is not so easily fooled.

There is an issue with people on mobile devices that cannot press Ctrl-V to get that nice, clean link.

I am looking into it, but there is a work around.

Use the link functionality as normal. Make sure that the “Text to display” and address are identical. You should see an underlined link.

http://twitter.com/

Then, using an appendage of your choice, do three things:-

1. Select the link in the editor with your cursor. Anywhere will do.

2. Press the Remove Link button (on the Toolbar, between the chain and the picture!) Your link should now look like plain text.

http://twitter.com/

1. Save the post.

I’m trying to find a more appropriate solution, but in the meantime, there it is.

Edited not-so-super Michael’s post on the What are you listening too (sic) thread.

He’d cock-munchingly linked to a YouTube video instead of simply pasting the URL.

Sigh.

Really? slightly confused as to how this is done… I bow to your superior cock-munching knowledge. All hail Prof. SaintBletch, VD, Emeritus Professor of cock munching, Dept. of Knobsucking, Queens University

Get your arse down to a pre-match drinks, and I’ll show you how.

Big boy.

:lou_is_a_flirt:

Edited the John Leslie thread as the url was linked - and BBC URL was inaccurate.