Site announcement : edited threads

I have an ignore function for this site - its that wheely thing on the top of my mouse. One flick of a finger and any crap on the site goes sailing on by. Either that or I just drop out of the arguement - done that with Pap a couple of times when I sensed we might start going round in circles.

Simple really

6 Likes

Originally posted by @Chertsey-Saint

Personally I have looked into reporting him to various people, and I am building up a dossier for him.

Seriously? You need to get a grip

Originally posted by Chertsey Saint

Life is too short and busy to spend my time around people whose morals are so far removed from my own and those of the general public.

Well if life is too short, why are you spending time building up a dossier on him?

1 Like

I have been taking secret stills and video of Barry, particularly when he is wearing his SS uniform and dressing his Mrs in striped pyjamas.

As soon as I have ā€˜finishedā€™ I will pass them on to the authorities.

7 Likes

The problem is he doesnā€™t debate properly. Iā€™d be happy to debate it like adults (as I actually mentioned on the thread) but he doesnā€™t seem able to. It may be because he writes like a child, or a ā€˜specialā€™ adult, but he cannot explain his thoughts in a well laid out and coherent manner, hence why he ends up drawing so much ire. I would suggest if he wants to actually have decent debate and doesnā€™t want to be misinterpreted, he takes up a writing course or similar at a local College.

I quite like Barryā€™s little logic puzzles. When you read them first time, they donā€™t seem to make much sense, but if you think on each line for a couple of hours, and do some research into the more technical terms, you can usual figure the gist, even if the context is sometimes beyond your grasp.

Interestingly, this is the exact same problem I have when Iā€™m reading Shakespeare, or Nietzsche, or you know, fkn poetry.

What Iā€™m saying, is maybe Barry is over ur head? Maybe he is the frm genius, and we will have to leave it to future generations to appreciate the full implications of his work? Or maybe he is Dumbass. Itā€™s a fine line srs.

5 Likes

Originally posted by @Fatso

Personally I have looked into reporting him to various people, and I am building up a dossier for him.

Seriously? You need to get a grip

Come to Sotonians, where Cherts will build a dossier on you.

Originally posted by Chertsey Saint

Life is too short and busy to spend my time around people whose morals are so far removed from my own and those of the general public.

Well if life is too short, why are you spending time building up a dossier on him?

Cherts is a winner. He canā€™t have me running about with that Barry Fucked Me Up The Most trophy I earned over at TSW.

No-one thought that crown was ever being prised from my bonce, but well won I say. Dossiers.

I expect Robbie Fowler felt the same when Sadio ManƩ broke the fastest Premier League hat-trick record.

I like Barrys posts. Even when I donā€™t agree with him (thoā€™ I tend to stay away from the ā€˜seriousā€™ threads anyway) I like his cavalier style and how heā€™s not afraid to laugh at himself.

He certainly wears his heart on his sleeve and handles the stick he gets very magnanimously.

I know he frustrates people but when he throws a thought out there, itā€™s readers choice whether to get involved or not.

Keep up the good work Baz!!

8 Likes

Originally posted by @pap

Barry; you are protected by a basic Sotonians split of people that have met you and know youā€™re not an utter cunt, versus people that have just read your posts and have naturally come to that conclusion. Iā€™m not dictating what you type, but what you type is dictating many of the attitudes youā€™re facing.

An entirely inglorious episode in the annals of Sotonians. Itā€™s a pisser for me because I am genuinely trying to step back and let the community develop. If this is what steps forward, I canā€™t do that.

Sort it out, boys. (and no Cherts, thatā€™s not racist, just recognition of the unwanted playground crap)

And there in lies the problemā€¦ in effect you are givig him lisensce to spread shit because having met him you think he moight not actually belive all the shit he spreads? What kind of justificatuion is that? So as we have not met, If I strat spreading that sort of shit I would not be ā€˜protectedā€™ ? What does that mean anyway?

Hey its Ok to ā€˜actā€™ like a racist twat as long as you have met Pap and convinced him you are OK? You are missing the point Pap. I dont give a fying fuck whether Barry is a WUM, believes the shit he spreads for a reaction or is actually a decent human being - it does not matter. All that matters is that he uses this forum to spread that view (whether madeup or not) and as such he deserves to be called up on it and given the insults it generates as I dont tolerate those that spread this shit - and its certainly not really a topic for a ā€˜jokeā€™ or wind up.

Your ā€˜protectionā€™ will ultimately drive traffic away as why woudl anyone want topost on a forum that ā€˜toleratesā€™ such shit? Did you look toward 70s ITV sitcoms for inspriation when considering the moderation approach?

I know we dont see eye to eye, and it wont be a big loss you the forum, but I just cant be arsed by him anymore and the fact you ā€˜protectā€™ does not really reflect well on you or your siteā€¦

I have been mulling over Papā€™s take on the dreaded ignore button. I used it on a few of the asshats on TSW and it worked after a fasion. Trouble is when their stuff is quoted by others and you get to see it anyway. As this place is smaller you are probably going to get more exposure to quoted material from said asshats. I get the point, debate or fuck off, but there are some people who, deliberately or otherwise, really get you your tits. I am probably a bit like Cherts in that I find it difficult not to get sucked into futile exchanges. I am getting better and it certainly helps only have three posts now over on the Dark Place. Freedom of speech is a bugger isnt it? Iā€™m all for it until some gobshite comes out with a pile of crap! I guess I am being a typical fence sitting lilly livered liberal, but I guess I would vote against an ignore button. The bottom line is racists and Islamophobes need to be confronted and challenged and it is better that they express their bile publically so at least we know who they are and can challenge them directly. And we get to call them cunts here too!

Originally posted by @areloa-grandee

And there in lies the problemā€¦ in effect you are givig him lisensce to spread shit because having met him you think he moight not actually belive all the shit he spreads? What kind of justificatuion is that? So as we have not met, If I strat spreading that sort of shit I would not be ā€˜protectedā€™ ? What does that mean anyway?

Everyone has the licence to spread shit. Thatā€™s the way that this place works. Meeting people has nothing to do with that.

I think the difference is that people whoā€™ve met Bazza have a fairly clear idea of why heā€™s here. Itā€™s not to float long-held convictions. Itā€™s to provoke, create a bit of conflict, and wind people up.

You imply that Iā€™m enabling him through suffrance of his posts, but itā€™s really the likes of Cherts and yourself doing that.

I learned my lesson after my initial encounters with Turkish. You canā€™t take what he says at face value. Itā€™s not a true expression of feeling. Heā€™s there to wind people up. Did you?

1 Like

Originally posted by @areloa-grandee

Originally posted by @pap

Barry; you are protected by a basic Sotonians split of people that have met you and know youā€™re not an utter cunt, versus people that have just read your posts and have naturally come to that conclusion. Iā€™m not dictating what you type, but what you type is dictating many of the attitudes youā€™re facing.

An entirely inglorious episode in the annals of Sotonians. Itā€™s a pisser for me because I am genuinely trying to step back and let the community develop. If this is what steps forward, I canā€™t do that.

Sort it out, boys. (and no Cherts, thatā€™s not racist, just recognition of the unwanted playground crap)

You could also say that be replying to him you are giving him the fuel to spread his view of the world. Chertseyā€™s continual replying gives Baz more fuel to feed on. ITā€™s like non of you have ever had any siblings.

I read the shit, I groan inwardly, I donā€™t comment. If I see a thread going a direction I donā€™t want to go I donā€™t read it any more.

Thereā€™s a few people on here who get angry with other people for whatever reason, doesnā€™t make this place and less valid than another.

I got fed-up with the constant sniping on the main board on the dark side so rarely read or posted anything there. Itā€™s harder to do that here because all the threads are rolled up into the latest page yet I still manage to avoid the threads that I know are going to irk!

6 Likes

Does Barry post just to wind people up ?

Seems to me heā€™s pretty ā€˜out thereā€™ with some of his opinions and he says what he thinks with no frills. People can disagree and thatā€™s fine ā€¦ the problem arises when people get uptight and present big buttons, which Barry will happily press all day long (and still remain good natured)

5 Likes

If Barry just posts as a WUM what is the difference between that and trolling? I prefer this place to the Dark Side because I believe people actually write what they think. If I wanted WUMs and trolls I would have coughed up my fiver. If Barry is just on the wind up it makes him a bigger cunt than I thought he was.

1 Like

Afternoon Gents.

5 Likes

Are you taking the fkn piss? Gents? Gents! Are you purposely using a term that preferences male gender roles, to the exclusion of our female, trans, and other posters? Also a term historically used to supress the proletariat to the benefit of those of noble birth? R U FKN TROLLIN ME BRAH?

13 Likes

Name one thing I have ever stated racist just one?

You have the power to ignore me, now stop being a child grow up and find anything (without doctoring as you have form on that, and a full post not some broken section of scribe or something taken out of context for your convenience) I have every written racist, I hate racists but equally homophobes, sexists and religious zealots of all demoninations and colour, the issue you have and its your issue is you donā€™t believe me, so I suggest you ignore me but I assume here (Iā€™ll say assume as thats all you do) you wonā€™t as you actually like the whinging and moaning about me and follow me around like a sollem dog, stop crying foul son and join in or stop reading my posts.

To me that sounds perfectly fair. Shutting down debate is ever so to the right, but then you are a tory (no assumptions there).

I bid you a fine and happy afternoon.

Ha Ha!

How long before Pap has to lock this thread?

You are all cunts!

4 Likes

Iā€™ve said my piece, my name has been mentiond and slurred a few times on here whilst I am not on here to defend myself which is classless but there we go, I have said my piece and I wonā€™t need to add anything to this thread unless asked to.

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

whilst I am not on here to defend myself

lol wait till barry is online before u slag him, cunts. Or are you not man enough to say it to his avatar?

9 Likes

So, what your saying is that it is ok to troll on things like racism, just to provoke a reaction? Does the same apply to rape, paedophilia, homophobia etc? I didnā€™t think this site was one of those sites.

Iā€™m not saying that at all. Iā€™m saying thereā€™s no restriction on speech. Iā€™m also sure that if someone tried to discuss or glorify those subjects, theyā€™d get a robust response, just as Barry does.

The problem is that much of the criticism he gets is not robust. Youā€™re free to post that, of course, but in my view, itā€™s unlikely to win you many converts to your cause.

Which is what, exactly? To stop Barry from posting? To complete this dossier so that youā€™ve finally got criminal proof and you can blow him up to some authority somewhere? I suspect youā€™ll be laughed out of town, especially when they see your own attempts at curinā€™ him of his ways.

Barry does enough self-discrediting to require your summarisation skills. All youā€™ve really achieved here is telegraph to the entire site that youā€™re squirreling away information on a poster to grass him up.

Just another example of this countries unwanted lurch to the right I suppose.

Thatā€™s one way of looking at it. Iā€™d advise an appointment at the opticians, nonetheless.

1 Like