Site announcement : edited threads

Fucking Muggles :lou_smiley:

In a desktop browser. Right click on any link, anywhere, on any site, and you’ll get the option to open in a new tab.

On a tablet/mobile browser. Touch and hold any link to get the option to open in a new tab.

Basic computing skills. Only at Sotonians.

Mu-ha!

like i predicted, “fk you guise”

4 Likes

Originally posted by @Bearsy

like i predicted, “fk you guise”

I’m going to end up insisting on taking you on the true computing path, Bear.

How’s your Commodore 16 BASIC?

Listen u stupid computer, every time I follow a paplink, it either costs me an extra second remembering to hold down link to open in a new window, or an extra 10 seconds getting back where i started if i forgets. Either way, ur costing me valuable seconds with ur blind belligerence. If you add up all the seconds you’ve already cost me, including writing this post, I could prob have spent that time having a wank, or maybe even 2 or 3 wanks.

Just change it, u stupid computer. The ppl have Spoken!

4 Likes

I’m a CTRL+CLICK man myself, papster.

Besides, I thought everyone had this sort of setup nowadays.

I’m with you, papster, don’t waste your time on these Luddites.

1 Like

The People

have no idea what Bletch and Pap are on about

make it easy thats all we ask

dont change things when they work.

1 Like

2 of my marriage criteria

2 Likes

Only a fucking programmer would make you use two clicks when one click would do.

Tossers

8 Likes

Or he could tell you the easy option on a PC which is to hold the ctrl key down whilst clicking on the link. Only one clcik but an extra key press.

Programmers don’t like being told they’re wrong and will do anything to prove that they are right!!

1 Like

Don’t be stupid, Bob.

pap’s a programmer and…

Oh…I see what you mean…

4 Likes

Originally posted by @crockedankle

Originally posted by @Big-Stupid-Bob

Or he could tell you the easy option on a PC which is to hold the ctrl key down whilst clicking on the link. Only one clcik but an extra key press.

Programmers don’t like being told they’re wrong and will do anything to prove that they are right!!

Don’t be stupid, Bob.

pap’s a programmer and…

Oh…I see what you mean…

Ah, one thing we agree on Bletcheroony, truculent programmers!!

That is not true.

Fuck you. Fuck you both :lou_wink_2:

4 Likes

Changed the When I Saw This to an embed thread.

This means we half the page size.

On the downside, you’ll all lose your current last visited page.

On the upside, once you navigate to the last page, you’re sorted, and we might just have a chance of decent performance on that thread with all the videos.

Deleted two duplicate Player Contract Stock Exchange threads.

Woah. Tell me that appeared under another user name earlier! Otherwise, the cider is hitting home.

Mod power!

Mod Power Bletchin his thinner days

1 Like

Removed JxgrSaint’s Boufal Signed thread as it was a duplicate of Mulletsaint’s - but two minutes later.

Renamed Mulletsaint’s thread to reflect the fact we now know it’s Boufal.

Locked Cherts “Ignore Thread”.

Cognisant that I perhaps commented on that thread indelicately, deep down, those are my feelings. I’ve had countless conversations with numerous Sotonians about how we just exercise the ignore thing at a brain level.

I never ignored anyone on the other place, and I always believed and stated that the practice of doing so was unnecessary. The one thing you can say is that it generates traffic, when some twat says they’re ignoring another twat, or another twat asks you not to quote that twat because he’s ignoring that twat. It can all fuck off, as far as I’m concerned. Or as bletch one said (and almost certainly eternally regrets due to the licence it has afforded me), debate or fuck off.

I fucking hate having to discuss this meta bollocks in the midst of much more important bollocks, for what it’s worth, here’s my view.

Cherts; please end your crusade to prove that Barry is a racist. I am fully aware of why you think he is, but calling him a racist cunt over and over again will not add any weight to your cause. I’m not blind to what’s going on. Believe me, after the infamous BAP episode, I have clearer eyes than most. He’s pitching for a reaction; you think those “home runs” you’re knocking out of the park are a good thing. They’re not. You’re over-reaching. You’re not alone.

Barry; you are protected by a basic Sotonians split of people that have met you and know you’re not an utter cunt, versus people that have just read your posts and have naturally come to that conclusion. I’m not dictating what you type, but what you type is dictating many of the attitudes you’re facing.

An entirely inglorious episode in the annals of Sotonians. It’s a pisser for me because I am genuinely trying to step back and let the community develop. If this is what steps forward, I can’t do that.

Sort it out, boys. (and no Cherts, that’s not racist, just recognition of the unwanted playground crap)

8 Likes

The problem is he doesn’t debate properly. I’d be happy to debate it like adults (as I actually mentioned on the thread) but he doesn’t seem able to. It may be because he writes like a child, or a ‘special’ adult, but he cannot explain his thoughts in a well laid out and coherent manner, hence why he ends up drawing so much ire. I would suggest if he wants to actually have decent debate and doesn’t want to be misinterpreted, he takes up a writing course or similar at a local College.

In relation to the racist jibes, if he put forward these opinions in public he’d get his head caved in, so I don’t know why he’s allowed to produce various threads on here. Personally I have looked into reporting him to various people, and I am building up a dossier for him. Unfortunately his hackneyed writing style and inability to express what he really means will probably look unfavourable on him.

As for the ignore function, it’s something I used a lot on Saintsweb. If there is someone in a pub that I dislike, I will do one of two things: either move on to another pub, or remove that person from the pub I am in. The only choice I have here is to go to another ‘pub’ by the sound of things. Life is too short and busy to spend my time around people whose morals are so far removed from my own and those of the general public.

And lastly, I’d be happy to tolerate him, if he weren’t just so fucking repetitive and dull.