Should the rich pay for your kid's free lunch?

Please, if anything it’s the complete opposite. I’m proud of where I’m from. It’s the fuckers that don’t know who they are I have difficulty dealing with.

Are these cartoon characters, or real people? I dunno that I recognise my Fellow Man from this little packet of pop-psychology & prejudice

I feel the same about liverpudlians and glaswegians

They’re all real people.

The girl who called herself Te-lor sounds incredible, but she existed at Tauntons in 1992. For real.

She was going out with a mush by the name of Hardman, who had his own catchphrase, which he presumably used everytime he met someone and had a go at crushing their hand.

“A hard man is good to find”

Twat.

1 Like

I’m not normally a jackbooter on these issues as you know, but I must ask.

Did they teach you grammar at your grammar school? :lou_sunglasses:

If the parent went to an independent school and wanted to send their kid to the same one is that Ok? they are not being socially mobile, more socially status quo

Good question, @cb-saint but it’s not really status quo. Things have changed over the generations.

For example, @thecholulakid went to an independent under Assisted Places. If he ends up paying for his kids, when his parents did not, then it’s not really status quo, is it?

Same sort of thing for someone attending a state grammar for free, but choosing to pay to send their kids to school now.

Whether they intend it or not, they are paying for a form of social segregation. With the Assisted Places scheme gone, all fee-payers have a financial barrier to entry by definition.

It’s a matter of principle. I think all kids, ideally, should go to state school. Independents breed elitism and segregates kids that should be mixing. They create tremendous institutional problems in our most venerated educational institutions and an old boys network that is probably the impetus behind the maxim “it’s not what you know, it’s who you know”. The myths around the quality of education on offer implicitly dis the state school system.

Finally, we live in a world where a degree-standard education is pretty much the minimum for high paying work, with a decent degree being a differentiator. Anyone that completes one knows that educationally, that truly is the point at which you stand on your own. Numerous studies have shown that state school students are better at doing that. Probably because they’ve had a bit of practice.

Pap can you guide our friend in the ways of Speke and ESLA, after school club!

Check out the schools in Halton, where you say you are moving.

If schools are shit there, move to a place where they are good. There are shitloads of them in Liverpool, and if you and the missus sold up, @barry-sanchez , you’d probably end up living in one of the best manses in the neighbourhood with 100K-200K change.

Ask the bloke who showed Lallana around Woolton.

1 Like

That’s a very clever catchphrase. Not sure why you didn’t/don’t appreciate it - possibly jealousy? Come up with your own catchphrase.

“A good pap is hard to find” - not sure this one works on the same level as the original but would certainly give you an air of mystery. Your clients would never know which Pap was about to turn up - the twattish one, the autistic one or the friendly one.

“A good Taylor helps keeps your pants up” - this is clever as it is a play on the name/word Taylor/Tailor. A tailor would make adjustments to pants (trousers) to keep them up and you as chief IT goblin would make sure that the company would never get caught with their pants down in that respect.

Your choice, but I’m giving you some options.

Downvoted for using autism as a pejorative.

Tit.

WTF! Down voted for giving some excellent potential catchphrases? This is fucking madness! Your jealously knows no bounds. I know that I made those catchphrases up (sort of) but I’m giving them to you…free…a gift. You are ungrateful as well as jealous. You need to cleanse your soul, pap.

A good pap is indeed hard to find.

I would have liked your post otherwise, @fatso

The thing you perhaps forget is that a good many of regular posters have met me in person, and know that you’re unjustifiably bunging about a slur on people with a disorder they never asked for just to get at me.

It’s not even original; buctootim did it way back in the early part of the decade.

Help me out here Barry(highlighted bit).

Why are you sending your kids private?

Do you live in Speke?

I was referring to primays, I am not sending my kids private, one is 3 and the other is 4 months old, I was speaking as I would be prepared to do so if we were still here, have you read anything, the primarys, Booker, Gilmour and Sudley are exceptional the secondarys aren’t.

Living in a nice area doesn’t assure good schools, we have one pretty good thats over subscribed (St Margarets in Aigburth goodish, Calderstones poor, also in Aigburth and ESLA fucking shite), have a look if you don’t believe me (you don’t, Pap tried that one as well, ask him).

My catchment area is Speke(Parklands one of the worst in the Country) after they closed down the school there and opened the new shit one up 500 metres away, ESLA its called, again read and check

Try opening a book club and kids club there…

See now I feel sorry for Pap because what he has said is that he has met some right slippery social climbing wankers - no wonder he is so disturbed by the thought… Thing is pap, I have more outright cunts from state schools which OK is not surprising given the proportions, but you see seems to me that the level of cultish behaviours seems more to do with parenting than which school folks went to… I am sure there is a paper out there to disprove my theory, but only a cunt would bother trying to find it.

OK, thanks for the explanation.

If i lived there, i would. If that was the kind of after school club the school would like(sure your schools have some great ideas, ask). Why do you think you can’t? Stop giving up so easily. Have some faith in your own ability.

Here’s something i learned very quickly from my daughters school. Offer anything to parents that means they can leave the kids longer and all of a sudden you’re popular and any club you run is full.

Just get Pap to take you to Speke and the surrounding area, there is a reason schools continually close, its not the schools fault, nor the kids, but the parents who are kids themselves and a forgotten society, stop with you higher than mighty bollocks, get to the areas I mention, I’ll happily pay for the taxi. Many kids don’t stand a chance and the parents can do nothing about it, they’re in gangs selling at 11 and thats it they’re lost to the system. Not all but many, you think I want to take that chance if I can help it?

This could catch on. Barry’s shit school scum taxi tours. See scouse wronguns in their natural enviroment. Tomorrow’s criminals today. It could be the new version of the Belfast taxi tour. You looking for a business partner Baz? I can see where you might be going wrong - they should be paying you, not you paying the.

1 Like

Thing is, this thread is starting to depress me.

One thing is clear. When someone slags off the life choices you (i.e anyone posting here)make for your offspring then you’re going to get ultra defensive.

It’s only natural

How about everyone accepting that and lightening up? Maybe starting with more member-friendly threads? Hey, maybe start some new ones?

7 Likes