Should the rich pay for your kid's free lunch?

I don’t like to use that word in the daytime, cos we get quite a lot of them on here. Save it for the evening shift.

We’d take it or move, you haven’t even seen the schools yet you comment, fuck off.

Yes I do.

What I won’t do is believe that people are right just because they’re saying so in concert.

Not being funny, but both you and @areloa-grandee have a dog in the independent school fight.

If you really want to talk about people making a cunt of themselves, take a look at yourself. Started by saying you were fucking off to the independent sector, which I could deal with at the time. As I said, it wasn’t for me either, but at the same time, you look like a nob when playing the bleeding heart over your decade in state schools.

You’re leaving, dude. While you’re not getting judged for that, don’t expect anyone to take you seriously when you tell us how committed you’ve been, or how many bollocks you have left as a result.

Thats fucking good of you.

I also like this “I do do apolgies, but your still a cunt” vibe as well.

Good work

1 Like

I don’t like people constantly putting others down, when it turns out they have no principles themself. Very hypocritical.

I don’t understand the highlighted bit. Is this just highlighting his confused lack of principles.

My parents did the same as your dad, as did i when it was my turn. If only more would, we might not be in this situation. You’d think more would, if they were as principaled as they like to make out. Alas, it’s all just hot air from some.

I thought so. These boys were the ones that started with the personal insults, mush.

Are they too delicate to get anything back?

the only problem with parents getting involved in the governing body is that there is an assumption that they are capable and know what they’re doing. I’m sure @saint-or-sinner and @bearsy 's dad were very capable people but many others are just fucking idiots who should keep their noses out of issues they don’t understand.

2 Likes

Pap does not do apologies. The closest you get is when he starts using ‘mush’ a lot. I am expecting a lot of ‘mush’ being used at the council meetings. We have already taken preventative steps to stop Pap pretending he uses this when he is not angry and/or in the wrong.

1 Like

I think we need a sarcasm knob thingy

What as well as Bletch?

8 Likes

You’re flailing, Pap. It’s not edifying.

I was giving some perspective on the state system - that’s all. Most people don’t see it from the inside other than the five years they do as a student. Or as parents - which inevitably is not the full picture. Why you deliberately misinterpreted what was an honest assessment of the current situation (in most schools in my experience) I do not know.

I don’t want a pat on the back - I really don’t care (although it seems a bit rich sniping from the sidelines when you’ve done no time in the public sector). It was to point out that there are many good and experienced teachers who are either leaving teaching or leaving the state system due to the current and continued funding crisis and the pressures that exerts on everyone. Both my children are and will continue to be state educated - but I can understand why other people might not choose to.

1 Like

I’ve worked in the public sector, thanks, @thecholulakid .

I’ve remarked numerous times that I’m former of Ordnance Survey. However, since rejoining the contract world 10 years ago I’ve swerved all that work, as prior experience tells me what shit value for money it is - plus there’s the whole being able to “live where you get your money from” angle.

I won’t contract for the public sector, and I won’t even work with companies that are doing IT projects for them. I’ve zero desire to be handsomely paid for achieving fuck all at the taxpayers’ expense (because this is the way all gov IT projects go).

Cool.

So what about this bit then?

‘Why you deliberately misinterpreted what was an honest assessment of the current situation (in most schools in my experience) I do not know.’

Given that nobody else interpreted my post in the same way are you prepared to admit you got it wrong? Or did you wilfully misinterpret it? Either way you’ve effectively said I don’t give a shit about low ability learners/kids with learning needs - hence my annoyance.

1 Like

Agree with this - my Dad was chair of governers at Hythe school for 6 years and part of the school for well over a decade (he chose that school as it was failing at the time and my school was fine), and made a huige difference to a poor school.

Maybe Barry should look at this route - he’s got 4 years until his kid goes to school so maybe he should make the effort and try to improve things at the school for a number of children and not just his own.

1 Like

Looks like the unions might finally be gearing up for strike action:

Probably worth posting this here too. How funding cuts affect kids with special needs:

Er, because you were implying that in that situation, it was okay to ship your kids to a fee paying independent. I already explained that part.

Given that nobody else interpreted my post in the same way are you prepared to admit you got it wrong? Or did you wilfully misinterpret it? Either way you’ve effectively said I don’t give a shit about low ability learners/kids with learning needs - hence my annoyance.

I haven’t said that, and neither has anyone else. You said it was understandable if a parent wanted to move their kid because he or she wasn’t being catered for, specifically referencing the impact of kids with learning difficulties and behavioural difficulties on class sizes for everyone else.

I think we can safely say you no longer give much of a shit about teaching poor kids.

I don’t think that’s right Pap - not sure how you can come to that conclusion - not sure he mentioned poor kids anywhere, unless you’re saying that everyone that is at state school is poor?

On page 12, Pap wrote:

‘I was expecting that to be utterly refuted. Instead, the independent crowd doubled down and dutifully explained that it was only really kids with learning difficulties they didn’t want their kids co-attending with.’

And then confirmed you were referring to me with that post in a separate post on page 13. Effectively implying I didn’t give a shit about kids with learning difficulties. You are correct that no one else said it. It was just you.

Please keep denying away.

Not true either. What I am doing is putting my kids first for first time in their lives - I will now have weekends free to spend time with them.

And you’ve shown how much you give a shit about poor kids how exactly? By working for Ordnance Survey…lol.

ICT/Computing is a shortage subject for teachers currently…what are you waiting for?

There is loads even the most stupid can do to help their kids school. I’m living proof. Run an after school club, do some fundraising, just ask the school, how can i help. I guarantee they will be happy to find something for anyone. As @thecholulakid has pointed out, they are struggling with funding and it’s a parents responsibility to help, if you chose to have children, there is no excuse(I changed how i work and lost a lot of money doing so. Yes enough to pay for a private education), unless they believe only those with enough money deserve their kids to have a decent education. When did we become so apathetic about fairness for all children?

If you buy your way out, your just an enabler of the destruction of a fair society. Imagine all those educated parents fighting for a decent education for all. Government policies would soon change.

2 Likes