💤 Scheduled downtime

Well, this is embarrassing. It’s taking longer than I hoped. Let’s shoot for…

2020-03-29T16:30:00Z → 2020-03-29T16:45:00Z

And we’re back - I hope!

WTF have you done to my screen. It’s more white than a Leeds supporting KKK member.

1 Like

This?

Sotonians is going to be going on and offline today for a while whilst I hunt down a couple of bugs.

I’ll wait until 10am to start the process so you have until then to do all your bitching, moaning, virtue signalling (you know who you are) and general morning Sotonians’ ablutions.

2020-03-31T09:00:00Z → 2020-03-31T10:59:00Z

First bounce didn’t solve the problem - I thought it would.

We’ll be going down again in a little while.

The management appreciates your patience in these trying times. Like fuck.

Bertie?

Yeah, the little fuckers gone deep this time.

Got the little twat…

Geeks only - and only really bored geeks at that

We have maybe 10-12 plugins and finding the source of a bug like this involves removing the plugin from the build - which means a recompilation and 10-15 minutes of downtime. The best way to do that is to do a binary chop to eliminate a chunk of plugins until you see the problem resolved and then focus on the other half of the plugins.

I’ve now established that Bertie is hidden in one of two of the plugins that we use for Locations and Calendar.

As the plugins are from the same author and having looked at how their code handles avatars I thought they both might be the source of the problem.

I disabled them both and the Avatars returned.

Now I don’t know if they both have the problem or just one of them.

So now I need to enable one and test, then enable the other whilst disabling the first one and then test.

Another couple of bounces should let me know where the issue is.

So at 12:01pm we’re back.

We’ve lost the functionality of the calendar which was only really used in the ordering of the match fixtures but since COVID-19 has eaten The Football, we likely won’t miss it.

We will also no longer have options for ReplyGif and ImageFlip - but as they stopped working a while back, we won’t miss them. Well when I say ‘we’ I shouldn’t include @Intiniki in that.

You’ve really fucked this up. I hope you’re proud of yourself

1 Like

Bertie’s revenge.

1 Like

Sorry, Fatso.

:pensive:

1 Like

Bit harsh??

Not harsh enough imo

1 Like